This is a healthy, flavorful and delicious chicken larb served with cauliflower rice. This dish has a lot of flavor, spice accompanied with fresh lime and herbs. Chicken larb is an easy dish to make, perfect to serve for a bigger audience or even to food prep. Chicken larb is the perfect dish that is very combination and warm, but still has some spice and heat along with freshness and lot of flavors. I love to make this dish all year round.
I’ve eaten chicken larb a few times when traveling abroad. But I remember the one time I got totally hooked on this dish. No, it actually wasn’t in Thailand… It was when visiting a small island in Myeik in Myanmar (not far from the Thailand boarder). It was an unforgettable food experience that me and my boyfriend have been talking about so many times. We saw the locals actually slaughter the chicken (how unpleasant that may have been), we saw them pick the herbs and then how they prepare the whole dish. It was an amazing experience, not to mention how amazingly devious the dish turned out to be. I really love a well prepared dish, but easy dish. Throughout the year I’ve noticed that the dishes I’ve eaten that I loved the most have been the ones that are made out of local ingredients, clean, simple but made with lot of love and experience. I don’t care too much for all those trendy and alternative trends. My philosophy is to always cook with less ingredients, but to make sure that the ones you use are really good quality. That’s what makes a great dish.
So to get back to this chicken larb. I really wanted to make a chicken larb inspired by the one I ate in Myanmar (even if its impossible to make this dish as delicious as the one I ate in there). This chicken larb is my own take on it, using classic ingredients, but trying to use local ingredients to the biggest extent. I have to admit, its not as delicious as the one I ate in Myanmar… But I am very satisfied with the result! It sure takes me back to last year when eating this amazing dish.
Ingredients for this Healthy Chicken Lars with Cauliflower Rice:
- Ground chicken
- Lemon grass
- Red chili
- Fish sauce
- Red onion
- Lettuce leafs
Other recipes you might like:
- North African Turkey Meatballs on Cauliflower Purée with Chermoula
- Yoghurt & Lemon Marinated Chicken Skewers
- Korean Ssam
- Bibimbap with Beef
Healthy Chicken Larb with Cauliflower Rice
- 1 small Cauliflower head riced
- 500 g Ground chicken
- 1 stem Lemon grass (optional)
- 1/2-1 Red chili finely chopped
- 2-3 Limes juiced
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 small Red onion finely chopped
- 2 Scallions sliced
- 1 bunch Cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Mint roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cucumber thinly sliced
- 8-12 Lettuce leafs (optional)
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the ground chicken for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the lemon grass (if using), chili, lime juice, fish sauce, red onion and fry until the chicken starts to get golden brown and done.
- Add in half of the scallion, cilantro and mint.
- Make cauliflower rice by adding the cauliflower florets in a blender and run until you have a rice like tecture.
- Add cauliflower rice at the bottom of the bowls and top with the chicken larb. Top with cucmber, rest of the cilantro and mint.
- Eat from the bowl or in lettuce leafs.