This recipe is for a super delicious, flavorful and easy Chicken Larb with Cauliflower Rice. This dish is both easy to make and comes together in only 20 minutes. Serve it for lunch, dinner or make it for meal prep purpose. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
I can’t count the amount of times I’ve had chicken carb, both while traveling in Laos but also in other parts of Asia. Chicken Carb is one of Laos national dishes along with green papaya salad, that is another favorite of mine. Chicken larb is a dish that has it all if you ask me! And it is the perfect combination of heat, sour, sweet and salty. You can either eat it in a salad bowl or serve it it lettuce leafs. My version of chicken carb is both a bit lighter since I made it sugar free and served it with cauliflower rice. This dish is very flavorful, a bit spicy but also fresh and zesty from the lime, fish sauce and fresh herbs. It is such an easy dish to make and perfect to serve for a bigger group of people or even to make for meal prep purpose. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use Thai chili if you can find them at the store, otherwise you can replace them with regular chili.
- Taste the chili before adding it to the chicken. The heat of chilis vary a lot and therefore I always taste them before I decide how much to use.
- I used cauliflower rice, but you can swap it for regular rice if you prefer.
- Serve this chicken larb in bowls or eat from salad leafs.
Ingredients for this Healthy Chicken Lars with Cauliflower Rice:
- Ground chicken
- Lemon grass
- Red chili
- Fish sauce
- Red onion
- Lettuce leafs
Other recipes you might like:
- Spicy Chicken Tacos (Gluten Free)
- Korean Ssam
- Bibimbap with Beef
- Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Bánh Xèo – Crispy Vietnamese Pancakes (Gluten Free)
- Spicy Salmon Poké Bowl (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Style Salmon Salad
- Raw Pad Thai (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Pajeon – Korean Pancakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Healthy Chicken Larb with Cauliflower Rice
- 1 small Cauliflower head riced
- 500 g Ground chicken
- 1/2-1 Red (Thai) chili minced
- 2-3 Limes juiced
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tsp Stevia sugar
- 1 small Red onion finely chopped
- 2 Scallions sliced
- 1 bunch Cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Mint roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cucumber thinly sliced
- 8-12 Lettuce leafs (optional)
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the ground chicken for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in chili, lime juice, fish sauce, red onion and fry until the chicken starts to get golden brown and done.
- Add in half of the scallion, cilantro and mint.
- Make cauliflower rice by adding the cauliflower florets in a blender and run until you have a rice like tecture.
- Add cauliflower rice at the bottom of the bowls and top with the chicken larb. Top with cucmber, rest of the cilantro and mint.
- Eat from the bowl or in lettuce leafs.