This recipe is for a super delicious, nutritious and healthy Green Pineapple & Ginger Smoothie. This recipe only call for a hand full of ingredients and is ready in maximum five minutes. Make this green smoothie for breakfast or afternoon snack. This smoothie is both vegan, gluten, grain and sugar free.
Green smoothies are such a great way of including more fruits and vegetables in your diet. They’re both silly easy to make, ready in no time and can be made with any ingredients you like. I guess lot of people are a bit skeptical about drinking green smoothies since they think they taste like…. greens. And yes, they can do! And I love a good green smoothie made with only lot of nutritious and healthy greens that really boost my immune system. But they don’t have to taste “green” at all if you don’t want them to. This green pineapple and ginger smoothie is a perfect example! It is both fresh, light, zesty, spicy and sweet, all at the same time! They pineapple provides both sweetness, vitamin c and is anti-inflammatory. The spinach make it green and fresh and adds lot of vitamins, iron and fiber to the smoothie. Ginger is anti-inflammatory and perfect to add for some spice. The lime makes the smoothie fresh and zesty. Combine all these ingredients and you have a lovely, sweet, yet fresh and flavorful smoothie that both is anti-inflammatory and very nutritious at the same time. The amount of ginger and lime can be adapted according to taste. Make this green smoothie for breakfast or afternoon snack. It is both vegan, gluten, grain and sugar free.
A few tips:
- You can use either fresh or frozen pineapple. If you use frozen it might need a bit more water.
- You can use home made ginger juice or store bought. I usually use a home made one when I have it at home but otherwise I always use this one.
- The amount of ginger and lime juice can be adapted according to taste. Start by adding a little then adding more if needed.
- This smoothie can be prepared in advance, but I would not prepare it more than 24 hours before drinking it.
Ingredients for this Green Pineapple & Ginger Smoothie:
- Ginger juice
- Mint leafs
- Chia seeds (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Mango & Galia Melon Smoothie Bowl
- Green Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Pink Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Nice Cream with Rhubarb & Strawberry Compote (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Mango, Peach & Kiwi Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Refined Sugar Free)
Green Pineapple & Ginger Smoothie (Vegan, Grain & Sugar Free)
- 3 dl Pineapple diced
- 2-3 tbsp Ginger juice
- 6-7 Mint leafs
- A hand full of Spinach
- 1/2-1 Lime juiced
- 1-2 dl Water (depending on how thick you prefer your smoothie)
- Chia seeds, to top (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender (start by adding a little water then more if needed) and mix until smooth.
- Taste to check if more ginger juice, lime or water is needed.
- Pour into two glasses and top with chia seeds (if using).