This fresh and light smoothie bowl is so refreshing and perfect during hot summer days. I eat it both as breakfast, lunch and yes, sometimes even dinner when I don’t feel like having anything warm or too heavy. When I make smoothie bowls I try to keep them quite simple and not use too many different fruits and ingredients. I like to feel the taste of what I have included in them, and not have a mix of everything.
This smoothie bowl is made out of mango and galia melon. The mango brings the sweetness and creaminess while the galia melon stands for the freshness. I usually don’t include any milk in my smoothie bowls, but this time I did, and it’s a really good addition in this one. But you can easily just swap the plant based milk for water if you prefer. Since the smoothie is creamy, sweet and fresh I topped it with some sweet and slightly tart blackberries. I also wanted some crunch, so I added granola and crunchy/tart passion fruit. This is such a lovely combination.
Ingredients for this Mango & Galia Melon Smoothie Bowl:
- Galia melon
- Plant based milk
- Passion fruit
Mango & Galia Melon Smoothie Bowl
For the smoothie
- 2 dl Frozen mango
- 1/2 Galia melon diced
- 1/2-2 dl Plant based milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 Lime (optional) juiced
For the topping
- 1 Passion fruit
- 1-2 tbsp Granola
- 4 Blackberries
- Place mango and melon in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add milk and lime juice (if using). Adjust the amount depending on how thick you prefer your smoothie bowl.
- Top with blackberries, granola and passion fruit.