I love shrimps, I love. spicy food, I love cauliflower purée and I loooove vegetables. So this is a plate filled with all my favorite food. You have so much different textures, flavors and colors going on here. And I absolutely love it!
I haven’t been cooking much with harissa previously, but I’m about to start. I love this spicy so much. It can totally lift a blad dish and make it amazing and interesting! Since the shrimps have a lot of heat from the harissa it makes a lovely combination with the creamy and smooth cauliflower purée and the light and fresh vegetables. Also added some thick balsamic vinegar (yes, I’m a sucker for balsamic vinegar) which creates such a good contrast to the spiciness from the shrimps. I also made an ajvar yoghurt dressing to add on the side, but that is optional since the dish is amazing on its own.
Ingredients for this Harissa Fried Shrimps with Cauliflower Purée & Summer Vegetables:
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
- Fresh basil
- Ground harissa powder
- Dijon mustard
Harissa Fried Shrimps with Cauliflower Pureé & Summer Vegetables
- 1/2 small Cauliflower head cut in smaller pieces
- 12 Shrimps
- 1 small Red onion sliced
- 1/2 Zucchini diced
- 1/2 Red bell pepper diced
- Some fresh basil
- 1-2 tsp Ground harissa powder (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2+1/2 Lemon juiced
- 3-4 tbsp Yoghurt (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp Ajvar (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Cook the cauliflower until soft.
- Combine yoghurt and ajvar in a bowl (if using) and set aside.
- Meanwhile preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Fry bell pepper, onion, zucchini and aubergine until soft.
- Preheat another nonstick pan and fry shrimps with the harissa for 3-4 minutes until done.
- Drain the cauliflower and mix using a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add lemon juice from 1/2 lemon, dijon mustard and salt and combine well.
- Put the cauliflower pureé on a plate together with the fried shrimps and vegetables.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on top.
- Add some fresh basil (I also added some thick balsamic vinegar but thats optional).
- Serve with ajvar sauce.