This recipe is for delicious, tasty and flavorful Shrimps with Bok Choy & Cauliflower Purée. You only need a few simple ingredients and 20 minutes to make this dish. Serve it as a starter for lunch or dinner. This dish is both gluten, grain, dairy free and low carb.
If you like an easy, tasty, flavorful yet light dish you will love this one. This is a very quick and easy recipe for fried bok choy served with fresh shrimps on top of a creamy cauliflower purée. This dish is a mix of delicate fresh shrimp, warm yet crunchy bok choy and a creamy cauliflower purée. Serve this dish for lunch, main course or as a starter. It is both gluten, grain, dairy free and low carb.
A few tips:
- You can adjust the amount of ginger and garlic according to taste.
- Mix the cauliflower according to taste, make it either completely smooth or leave some crunchy left.
- I used both dijon mustard and chili powder to season the cauliflower purée which makes it a little spicy. But you can adjust the amount of seasoning according to taste or leave the chili powder out.
- Don’t fry the bok choy for too long. It should only get a little warm and golden but still be crunchy and not over cooked.
- You can either add the shrimps to the bok choy post turning off the heat (you don’t want the shrimps to cook or fry, just to get a liiiiittle warm) or you can also add them at the end if you prefer to serve them cold.
Ingredients for this Shrimps with Bok Choy & Cauliflower Purée:
- Vegetable stock cube
- Dijon mustard
- Chili powder (optional)
- Sea salt
- Bok choy
- Fresh ginger
- Lemon juice
- Olive or coconut oil
- Sesame oil (optional)
- Sesame seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Harissa Fried Shrimps with Cauliflower Purée & Summer Vegetables (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Poppy Seed Seared Tuna Bowl (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Scallop Carpaccio with Avocado Cream & Fish Roe (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Miso Fish with Pot Choi (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Lemon Baked Cod with Cauliflower & Spinach Mash (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- White Asparagus with Shrimps (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Grilled Prawns & vegetables (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Style Fish Package (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Scallops Italian Style (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Shrimps with Bok Choy & Cauliflower Purée (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- 1/2 Cauliflower head cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2 Vegetable stock cube
- 1/2-1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Chili powder (optional)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 200 g Shrimps peeled and rinsed
- 1 Bok choy separated
- 1-2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cm Fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp Tamari
- Olive or coconut oil, to fry
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, to top
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces, add to the boiling water along with vegetable stock cube. Lower the heat, let it simmer for 10-20 minutes, depending on how big your cauliflower pieces are.
- Meanwhile peel and rinse the shrimps.
- When the cauliflower is soft turn off the heat and set aside while you start to prepare the bok choy.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger and let it fry for one minute, or just until it starts to get golden brown and soft.
- Add the bok choy and tamari and let it fry for 1-2 minutes, just until the bok choy has softened slightly. Add the sesame oil and stir together.
- Turn off the heat and add the shrimps. Stir together.
- Meanwhile drain the cauliflower and mix until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Add dijon mustard and chili powder (if using), stir together.
- Divide the cauliflower purée between two plates.
- Top with fried bok choy, shrimps and sesame seeds on top.