This is a recipe for a delicious, flavorful, fresh and light Asian Style Fish Package. It is both really easy and quick to make and only requires a few key ingredients. It is perfect to serve for a fresh and light lunch, a delicious dinner or to make when having your family and friends over for dinner. This recipe is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
Fish is my favorite thing to eat. I also love seafood and eating vegetarian, but if I had to choose one thing to eat for the rest of my life it would without a doubt be fish! And especially when it is prepared with asian flavors! This dish is very light and fresh yet tasty and flavorful at the same time. It is made with zucchini and aubergine and cod fillers and seasoned with a delicious and flavorful fish and lemon sauce. This dish is really perfect to make when you want something that is delicious, flavorful and tasty, but still want to keep it light, fresh and simple at the same time. This dish is perfect to serve for lunch, dinner or when your having friends and family over for dinner. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use a cod fillet that is thick and of good quality to make sure you really have a good bite of fish that has a lot of taste and texture. Don’t but a cheap, think and bland cod fillet. It will just make the dish bland and boring. This is really key!
- You can adjust the amount of fish sauce and lemon juice according to taste.
- You can also add some fresh chili if you prefer this dish more spicy.
- Make sure not to overtake the cod fillets, that will make the dish really boring and bland. Bake it until the inner temperature reaches 54-57 degrees Celsius (depending on how raw you prefer your fish). I like to take it out at already 52-53 degrees and let it rest for a few minutes until it reaches 54 degrees. Yes I love my fish with some texture left and not over baked.
Ingredients for this Asian Style Fish Package:
- Cod fillets
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh ginger
- Fish sauce
- Rince vinegar
- Furikake seasoning
Other recipes you might like:
- Fish & Seafood Nectarine Skewers
- Baked Cod with Chanterelles & Lingonberries (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Style Tuna Steak (Paleo, Keto & Low Carb)
- Miso Fish with Bok Choy (Gluten Free)
- Low Carb Cod with Orange Dressing (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Lemon Baked Cod Fillet with Cauliflower & Spinach Mash (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Inspired Fish Burger (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Summery Fish Burger with Nectarine Salsa (Gluten Free)
Asian Style Fish Package (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 2 Cod fillets
- 1 Zucchini sliced
- 1/2 Aubergine sliced
- 1 Shallot chopped
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
For the sauce
- 1 small Shallot minced
- 1 cm Fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- Furikake, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce.
- Prepare four parchment papers (placing two papers on top of eachother).
- Add sliced zucchini and auberinge at the bottom.
- Add a cod fillet on each parchment paper package.
- Top with half each package with 1/4 of the sauce (leaving half of the sauce in total left for serving).
- Add lemon zest on top of each package and season with sea salt and black pepper. Fold the parchment paper into a package making it resemble a tent.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes (depending on the size of your cod fillets) just until tender and soft. I prefer to have my fish soft and tender, but still with a liiiittle chewing restaince left and not fully cooked. Make sure not to bake it for too long so it gets dry and boring.
- Check if the fish is tender and soft and then remove from the oven.
- Serve immediately while warm with the remaining sauce.