This recipe is for a fresh, light and super delicious Halloumi Lettuce Wrap. This wrap only takes 10 minutes to make and requires a hand full of ingredients. This halloumi wrap is perfect to serve for lunch, afternoon snack or to bring along on a picnic or trip. It is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A good wrap is both one of my favorite lunch options and also such a great thing to make when you need to bring lunch with you. But I’ve never been a big fan of tortilla bread. It quite bland and they always come in big packages with at least 6 pieces. So if I want to make 1-2 wraps I really don’t know what to make with the rest of them.. So they go to waste. To avoid this I started using salad/lettuce leafs instead of tortillas. I always have lettuce at home, so I can just pick as many leafs as I need for the wrap, and then use the rest of it for other things without it going to waste like the tortilla bread would have. I love the fact that using lettuce makes the wrap so much crunchier. Not to mention that it doesn’t get soggy as a tortilla wrap can get if you don’t eat it right away. This wrap is filled with crunchy vegetables, a fresh and light yoghurt dressing and delicious salty halloumi. It is both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use big salad/lettuce leafs and make sure to lay them overlapping each other to avoid the wrap from breaking or leaking the ingredients.
- I like to wrap the lettuce wrap in some paper to make it easier to eat and bring along.
- This wrap can be prepared in advance, but I would recommend you not to prepare it more than 12 hours before eating it. You don’t want the vegetables to get soggy and old.
- Store it in the fridge until eating.
Ingredients for this Halloumi Salad/Lettuce Wrap:
- Iceberg salad
- Red cabbage
- Green leafs
- Bean sprouts
- Fresh basil
Other recipes you might like:
- Souffle Omelette with Mushrooms (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Asparagus Frittata with Pesto & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Cream Cheese Vegetable Sandwich (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Halloumi & Sweet Potato Stack (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
Halloumi Salad/Lettuce Wrap (Gluten Free)
- 6-8 Iceberg lettuce leafs (depending on how big they are)
- 1/2 package Halloumi sliced
- 1/4 Cucumber sliced
- 5-6 Radishes sliced
- 2 hands full of Green leafs
- 4 Tomato slices
- 1 Scallion (both white and green parts) thinly sliced
- some Bean beansprouts
- 3-4 tbsp Yoghurt
- 1 Lime juiced
- 4-5 Basil leafs roughly chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium/high heat.
- Fry the halloumi on each side until golden.
- Combine yoghurt, lime juice, fresh basil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Put the lettuce leafs in two squares. The leafs should overlap each other so that you can roll them together.
- Add all the vegetables in the middle of the lettuce squares, then put some yoghurt dressing and add halloumi on top.
- Roll the lettuce wrap tightly together and wrap in paper (optional, but easier to eat).