This recipe is for an easy, fluffy and delicious soufflé omelette filled with mushrooms and fresh herbs. This omelette is ready in 10 minutes and only require a few key ingredients to make. It is both gluten, dairy free and low carb. Make it for breakfast, brunch or lunch! This omelette is great to make if you want to upgrade your regular omelette and make something more fun and exciting.
Omelette is one of my all time favorite breakfast, brunch or lunch recipes to make… or you know what. I also have it for dinner quite often! It’s the best “fast food” to make when you want something easy, quick, healthy and delicious! And the best thing is that you can add just about anything you’re in the mood for. This recipe is for a soufflé omelette! It is fluffy, light and a bit more fun than a usual omelette. It feels more filling with a lovely and fluffy texture. I love experimenting with egg dishes, and this soufflé omelette has really become a favorite of mine!
A few tips:
- Make sure you don’t have any egg yolk with the egg whites. Otherwise the egg whites won’t become firm.
- Use a clean (of course always, but be extra careful for the eggs whites) bowl. Otherwise you might risk that the egg whites won’t become firm and form high peaks.
- Add the egg whites gently to the egg yolk, stirring until combined.
- Then add the rest of the egg whites, folding them in just until combined.
- When trying the omelette fry it just until it’s set. You don’t want to fry it for too long since it will become a bit dry and boring.
Ingredients for this Soufflé Omelette with Mushrooms:
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Button mushrooms
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh oregano
- Cheese (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Green Shakshouka
- Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette
- Brunch Tacos with Black Beans, Fried Egg & Home Made Salsa (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Poached Eggs with Yogurt & Tomatoes (Gluten & Grain Free, Low Carb)
- Savory Egg Muffins (Gluten & Grain Free, Low Carb)
Soufflé Omelette with Mushrooms
- 3 Eggs separated
- Olive oil, to fry
- A pinch of Sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 Button mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Fresh oregano chopped
- Cheese (optional) grated
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Preheat another nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil and fry the mushrooms until golden. Season with sea salt and pepper. Add parsley at the end and combine. Turn of the heat and let them sit in the pan.
- Separated the eggs in two bowls.
- Whisk the eggs together with some sea salt until well mixed.
- Using a hand blender beat the egg whites until firm and peaks start to form.
- Add about 1/2 of the egg whites to the egg yolk and stir using a silicon spatula until well combined. Add the rest of the egg whites and stir again until just combined.
- Add the omelette to the nonstick pan using the spatula and distribute evenly.
- Cover with a lid and fry just until the bottom is golden brown and the eggs whites are just barely set.
- Turn of the heat. Add the fried mushrooms on half of the omelette. Top with cheese (if using) and fresh oregano. Fold and transfer to a plate.