This recipe is for a delicate yet delicious Asparagus and Feta Cheese Omelette. It’s both crunchy, soft, creamy and super delicious. It only requires 10 minutes of your time and a few key ingredients. Serve it for brakfast, brunch or lunch!
Omelette is one of my favorite dishes to make and really is the ultimate “fast food” that works all year round! You can both make them a bit “heavier” during alumn and winter, or fresh and light during spring and summer. Eggs are a great source of nutrients, they are versatile and filling. When spring arrives and asparagus can be found in the store my go to omelette is this asparagus and feta cheese omelette. This omelette is really so great and has it all! It has crispy, thinly sliced asparagus, light and porous eggs and the creamy and tangy feta cheese. This combination is really amazing yet so very easy and basic. I love slicing my asparagus thinly and just frying it for a few minutes before adding the eggs. This omelette is perfect to serve for breakfast, brunch or lunch! Isn’t it amazing what you can create with just there key ingredients?
A few tips:
- Which your eggs until small bubbels start to appear on the surface. The egg mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Slice the asparagus thinly and lay out over the whole pan and fry for just 1-2 minutes for it to keep the crunch but still become a bit warm.
- Add the feta cheese just before you fold the omelette. I love when the feta cheese isn’t completely melted and you still have some pieces that are unmelted.
Ingredients for the Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette:
- Feta cheese
- Mâche salad
Other recipe you might like:
- Sweet Potato Toast with Prosciutto, Asparagus & Burrata (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Poached Eggs with Yogurt & Tomatoes (Gluten & Grain Free, Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado & Poached Eggs (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Brunch Tacos with Black Beans, Egg & Home Made Salsa (Gluten & Dairy Free)
Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 2 Asparagus thinly sliced
- 1/4 package Feta cheese crumbled
- a hand full of Mâche salad
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Pepper, to taste (optional)
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Slice the asparagus thinly and add to the pan, lay them next to each other covering the whole pan.
- Let them fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs in a bowl until small bubbles start to appear.
- Pour the whisked eggs over the asparagus in the pan and slightly tilt the pan so the eggs cover the whole pan.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese.
- Fry until the omelette until it has desired texture.
- Gently fold the omelette in half and put it on a plate.
- Top with freshly ground black pepper, salt (if using) and mâche salad.