Omelette is the ultimate “fast food” and it really works all year round. You can both make them “heavier” during alumn and winter, or fresh and light during spring and summer. Eggs are a great source of nutrients, they are versatile and filling. Now during summer I don’t feel like having much “real” food. So omelette has become one of my most common dishes during these warm days. Today I made this Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette, and it turned out so great.
I wanted it to be light and fresh, just using a few ingredients. I love my veggies, so I always have to have some greens in my food! I also included some feta cheese for something more savory and salt. Isn’t it amazing what you can create with just three main ingredients?
Ingredients for the Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette:
- Feta cheese
- Mâche salad
Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 2 Asparagus thinly sliced
- 1/4 package Feta cheese crumbled
- a hand full of Mâche salad
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Pepper, to taste (optional)
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Slice the asparagus thinly and add to the pan, lay them next to each other covering the whole pan.
- Let them fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk the eggs in a bowl until small bubbles start to appear.
- Pour the whisked eggs over the asparagus in the pan and slightly tilt the pan so the eggs cover the whole pan.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese.
- Fry until the omelette until it has desired texture.
- Gently fold the omelette in half and put it on a plate.
- Top with freshly ground black pepper, salt (if using) and mâche salad.