I love a good and fresh salad. It doesn’t have to be complicated at all. A few good quality ingredients can make a wonderful and tasty salad. This salad is just that; simple, easy but yet delicious filled with flavors.
This salad is wonderful on its own! But its also the perfect side dish for fish and meat!
Ingredients for the Summery Beetroot & Grapefruit Salad:
- Red beetroots
- Yellow beetroots
- Green leafs
Beetroot & Grapefruit Salad
- 2 Red beetroots cooked and peeled
- 2 Yellow beetroots cooked and peeled
- 1 Grapefruit peeled and segmented
- A hand full of Green leafs
- 6-8 Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- 0,5 Lemon, juice
- Salt, to taste
- Slice and cook the beets in salted water for approximately 30 minutes (or until soft).
- Drain the beets and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Put the green leafs in a bowl.
- Add the cooked beets.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the beets.
- Add the segmented grapefruit on top of the beets.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts.