This recipe is for a fresh, light yet flavorful and super delicious Tomato & Plum Salad. This salad only requires a few key ingredients and five minutes of your time. It is perfect to serve as a starter, side salad to your main course or to make a bigger version and top with your favorite protein or cheese. This salad is both vegan, gluten and grain free.
I love using seasonal fruits and vegetables to make easy, quick and delicious salads. Adding fruits to a salad can really improve it from being good to being great! Fruits add sweetness, make the salad feel fresh and juicy. This salad is a great example of how to use seasonal fruits and include them in your cooking. This salad is a great combination of sweet and juicy tomatoes and plums, crunchy and fresh cucumber, fresh and peppery arugula, nutty hemp seeds and the sweet and rich balsamic dressing on top. Serve this salad as a starter, side dish to your main course or make a bigger version and top with your favorite cheese or protein. This salad is both vegan, gluten and grain free.
A few tips:
- Use good quality tomatoes that are both juicy and sweet. Don’t use the cheap bland once.
- I like to use ripe plums for this salad to make sure they add lot of sweetness to the dish. But make sure not to use over ripe plums so that they fall apart when you cut them.
- You can adapt the amount of chili according to taste.
- Top it with your favorite cheese or protein to make it more filling if you prefer to make it as a main course.
Ingredients for this Tomato & Plum Salad:
- Green leafs
- Sea salt
- Hemp seeds
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey
Other recipes you might like:
- Beetroot & Grapefruit Salad
- Grapefruit Salad with Shaved Fennel, Dates & Hazelnuts (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Orange & Fennel Salad
- Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Galia Melon & Mozzarella Salad
- Beetroot Carpaccio with Strawberries (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Tomato & Plum Salad (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free)
For the salad
- 2 Plums (I used both red and yellow plum) pitted and sliced
- 2 Tomatoes (I used both red and yellow tomato) sliced
- 1/5 Cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red chili sliced
- Green leaves (I used arugula and spinach)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Hemp seeds, to top
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Fiber syrup, honey or agave
- Place mixed green leaves on a plate.
- Slice all the vegetables and place on top of the green leaves. Top with chili, sea salt and hemp seeds.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and fiber syrup/agave/honey in a small bowl.
- Serve the salad with the dressing.