If you’re into citrus fruits, you’re going to be into this Grapefruit Salad with Shaved Fennel, Dates & Hazelnuts! This is a really easy and simple salad, yet it has so many different flavors and textures. It’s great to eat on its own, or top with some mozzarella or feta cheese or serve it as a side dish to you min course. This salad is both grain and gluten free, it’s light and fresh and ready to serve in only 10 minutes.
I love citrus season, its really My season! I used to eat at least one grapefruit a day for like 10 years… then I changed job and somehow my daily routine changed as well. But I still love them as much. Grapefruit, oranges, blood orangers, lemons, limes aaaand kiwis (yes, they’re citrus fruits as well). If I had to choose one fruit group to eat for the rest of my life… yeah, do you even have to guess what I would choose? Anyways, this grapefruits salad with shaved fennel, dates and hazelnuts has a mix of everything and so many different flavors and textures. You have the tart yet fresh (and if you’re good at choosing your grapefruits) also sweet grapefruit, the crunchy fennel with a taste of liquorish, the sweet and creamy dates and nutty hazelnuts. This salad truly has it ALL! And it’s perfect to serve either on its own, as side dish along with fish, chicken or meat or make a vegetarian version using mozzarella or feta cheese.
Ingredients for this Grapefruit Salad with Shaved Fennel, Dates & Hazelnuts:
- Green leafs
Other recipes you might like:
- Beetroot & Grapefruit Salad
- Beetroot Salad with Blueberries
- Roasted Summer Vegetables
- Roasted Tomatoes on a Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed
- Easy Winter Salad with Apple & Cranberries (Gluten Free)
- Citrus & Mozzarella Salad (Gluten Free)
Grapefruit Salad with Shaved Fennel, Dates & Hazelnuts (Gluten & Grain Free)
- 1 Grapefruit peeled, fillead and seperated
- Two hands full of Green leafs
- 2 Dates pitted and diced
- 1/2 Fennel shaved
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp Hazelnuts roughly chopped
- Place green leafs on a plate.
- Peel and seperate the grapefruits using a filee knife. Add on top of the salad.
- Add shaved fennel and diced dates.
- Sprinkle with lemon jucie.
- Top with roughly chopped hazelnuts.