This recipe is for a delicious, fresh and tasty Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach. This salad only require nine key ingredients and 20 minutes to get ready. This salad is perfect to serve on its own, together with your favorite protein or as a side dish to you main course. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
Salad, sweet potato and peaches – three of my all time favorite ingredients! I love a good and fresh salad during spring and summer. And a salad does not have to be dull and bland, it can easily be made so delicious, flavorful and exciting. This salad is a mix of fresh, baked and fried vegetables then topped with delicious and tasty pesto, fresh and tangy greek yogurt and crunchy salted pistachios. If desired you can also add some lemon juice for freshness and fiber syrup/agave/honey for a sweet touch. This salad is perfect to serve on its own, together with your favorite protein or as a side dish to your main course. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to cut the sweet potato into equally sized pieces to have the same baking time.
- When frying the peaches make sure the pan is really warm before adding the peaches to the pan.
- The peaches should only fry for 1 minute on each side. You want them to get warm and golden, but not cooked through and soggy.
- I recommend you to add some lemon juice, at least I love the fresh taste of some lemon juice and it pairs so well with the sweet potatoes and fried peaches.
- I also recommend you to top the salad with some fiber syrup, agave or honey. It add such a nice sweetness to the salad and pairs well with both the sweet potato, peach and greek yogurt.
Ingredients for this Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach:
- Sweet potato
- Mache salad
- Cherry tomatoes
- Lemon (optional)
- Greek yogurt
- Pistachio nuts
- Coconut or olive oil
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey
Other recipes you might like:
- Summer Vegetable Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Half Baked Salad (Vegan, Paleo & Gluten Free)
- Galia Melon & Mozzarella Salad
- Zucchini & Polka Beet Summer Salad
- Beetroot Salad with Blueberries
Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 1 Sweet potato cut into wedges
- 2 Peach cut into wedges
- 70 g Mache salad
- 6-8 Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 Scallion (both green and white part) thinly sliced
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced (optional)
- 6-8 tsp Pesto
- 6 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Coconut or olive oil
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey, to top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the potatoes and put on a parchment covered baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil (optional, I did not use it). Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until soft and golden brown (depends on the size of the potatoe wedges).
- When 3 minutes remain of the baking time preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some coconut or olive oil.
- Fry the peaches on medium heat for about 1 minute on each side. They should just get warm and golden on the surface but still be crunchy on the inside.
- When the potatoes and peaches are done place mache salad on a plate. Add the sweet potato, peaches and cut cherry tomatoes on top. Drizzle with lemon juice (if using). Top with pesto, greek yogurt and pistachio nuts. Top with fiber syrup, agave or honey if using.
- Serve warm.
10 thoughts on “Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)”