This recipe is for a fresh, easy and super delicious Burrata & Stone Fruit Salad. It only takes 10 minutes to make and requires a hand full of ingredients. It is perfect to have it on its own or to serve as a starter or side dish to your main course. This salad is vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
Im mad about all the stone fruits! Because what’s not to like? I’ve always like to have them for breakfast, or just eat them as they are… but over the summer I’ve started to love making savory salads and dishes including all the summer fruits. They really add such a lovely taste and make a nice and fresh addition to a salad or meal. It’s like you’re taking your favorite salad or dish to the next level by adding sweet, fresh and delicious summer fruit to it! I’ve been quite reluctant to use fruits in my cooking, thinking its a weird combination and associated it with really weird food combinations that I remember from my childhood. But then I thought I give it a go and got hooked right away. Adding a sweet, juicy or even tart fruit to your dish can really lift the most basic and bland dish and make it something super delicious. This stone fruit salad is a very simple and easy salad only using three stone fruits, tomatoes, spinach, fennel, lemon and pesto. So simple and easy, yet it turns out so delicious. This salad is perfect to eat on its own or to serve as a starter or side dish to your main course. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
A few tips:
- Use medium ripe fruits so that they are easy to cut, juicy, sweet and fresh but doesn’t become a mash when you cut them. They should be firm, but still not too hard.
- Use lemon juice and zest according to taste.
- I topped my salad with a home made pesto, but you can use any pesto you like or have at home.
- I topped this salad with hazelnuts, but you can add any nuts or seeds you like or prefer.
Ingredients for this Burrata & Stone Fruit Salad:
- Heirloom tomatoes
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Summer Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Fried Peach (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Watermelon Feta Cheese Summer Salad
- Summer Quinoa Halloumi Salad (Gluten Free)
- Galia Melon Mozzarella Salad
- Prosciutto Peach Salad
Burrata & Stone Fruit Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- A hand full of Fresh spinach
- 2 Heirloom tomatoes sliced
- 10-15 Cherry tomateos (I used different shapes, colors and sizes) cut in half if needed
- 1 Peach pitted and sliced
- 10 Cherries pitted and halfed
- 1 Plum pitted and sliced
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 Lemon peel thinly sliced
- 1/2 small Fennel thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 4-5 tsp Pesto
- Black pepper, to taste
- 5-8 Hazelnuts roughyl chopped
- Olive oil, to top (optional, I did not use it)
- Place spinach at the bottom of a plate.
- Slice the heriloom tomatoes and put on the plate.
- Place the burrata on the plate.
- Slice and pit the peach and cherry tomatoes and put on top.
- Add the cherry tomatoes.
- Wash the lemon and peel it using a potato peeler. Slice thinly using a knife.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top of the salad.
- Add the lemon peel.
- Dollop the pesto on top of the salad.
- Add roguhly chopped hazelnuts on top.
One thought on “Burrata & Stone Fruit Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)”