This recipe is for an easy, delicious and fresh Summer Quinoa & Halloumi Salad. This recipe only calls for a few key ingredients and only take 20 minutes to prepare. This salad is really great to make eat on its own, add your favorite protein to it or to serve it as a side dish to your main course. This salad is gluten free.
Combining different kind of fruits and cheeses has really become a favorite of mine. The combination of sweet, savory and salty is just so wonderful and you really can’t go wrong with it. And it can be combined in so many different ways, with so many different ingredients and in so many different dishes. This salad is a quinoa based salad that is both flavorful and filling. It is made with quinoa, mushrooms and scallions and then topped with fried halloumi and fresh strawberries. This salad is really great to make eat on its own, add your favorite protein to it or to serve it as a side dish to your main course. This salad is gluten free and so easy to make.
A few tips:
- I like to cook my quinoa with some vegetable stock powder in it to make it more flavorful. Because quinoa can be quite tasteless and boring otherwise.
- Don’t cook the quinoa for too long. You want it to be soft, but not soggy. I cook it for about 15 minutes, just until it has softened and then turn of the heat and let it rest in the pot for 5-10 minutes.
- When frying the halloumi make sure to use a really hot pan. The halloumi should not cook but fry. Fry it just until it is golden brown.
Ingredients for this Summer Quinoa & Halloumi Salad:
- Vegetable stock cube
- Button mushrooms
- Sunflower sprouts
Other recipes you might like:
- Peach & Mozzarella Caprese
- Galia Melon & Mozzarella Salad
- Fresh Fig, Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Salad
- Antioxidant Quinoa Salad (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Citrus Mozzarella Salad (Gluten Free)
- Watermelon & Feta Cheese Summer Salad
Summer Quinoa & Halloumi Salad (Gluten Free)
- 2 dl Quinoa (uncooked) rinsed and washed
- 4 dl Water
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock powder (or 1/2 stock cube)
- 1 package Halloumi sliced
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 4 Button mushrooms diced
- 1 Scallion (both white and green part) thinly sliced
- 6 Strawberries sliced or quartered
- Sunflower sprouts, to taste
- Add rinsed and washed quinoa to a small pot together with the water and stock powder/stock cube. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat and let it shimmer for approximately 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it sit in the pot coverd with a lid for 5 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium/high heat.
- Add the diced mushrooms to the nonstick pan and fry until golden brown and a bit softened and caramelized.
- Add the sliced halloumi to the grill pan and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, just until gets golden brown.
- Place the quinoa in a bowl and add the scallion, lemon juice and fried mushrooms to it. Mix until combined.
- Add fried halloumi and strawberries on top and garnish with sunflower sprouts.
- Eat as it is or serve as a side dish to your main course.
One thought on “Summer Quinoa & Halloumi Salad (Gluten Free)”