This recipe is for an easy and delicious Cherry Galette. This recipe is really easy to make and only requires seven ingredients and15 minutes of your time, the test is taken care of by the fridge and oven. This galette is perfect to serve for a summer dessert or afternoon snack. It is both vegan, gluten, oil and sugar free.
It took me a long time before I dared to make a galette on my own. I really don’t know why, but I just thought it was complicated and hard. And that it was hard to make a healthier version of it. But wow was I wrong. Making a galette can be one of the easiest things ever. You only mix the dough, put it in the fridge, roll it to a thin layer, fill it with your favorite filling and then bake it in the oven. Now galette is one if my favorite things to bake, both sweet and savory once. This crust is made with less fat than a regular galette dough since I swapped most of the butter for apple sauce. It is also sugar free since the apple sauce provides sweetness to the crust. For me a galette shouldn’t be too sweet, I prefer to get most of the sweetness from fruit filling. If you prefer a sweeter crust you can easily add some sugar to it and still get just as good of a result. This galette is filled with cherries and cardamom which makes it the perfect summer dessert or afternoon treat. It is both vegan, gluten, oil and sugar free.
A few tips:
- When making the apple sauce for the crust make sure to use sweeter apples since they provide sweetness to the crust.
- You will need to kneed the dough for some time, but if it really doesn’t come together after 5-10 minutes then add about one more table spoon of apple sauce.
- This recipe is for a vegan galette, but if not vegan you can swap the vegan butter for regular butter.
- I brushed the galette with almond milk, but you can use any milk you prefer or have at home.
- If not vegan you can brush the galette with egg if preferred.
- Keep an eye on the galette in the oven. It can easily go from quite pail to browned in just a few minutes.
- Serve warm or cold, according to preferences.
Ingredients for this Cherry Galette:
- Gluten free all purpose flour
- Vegan (or regular) butter
- Apple sauce
- Cornstarch or Tapioca flour
- Almond milk
Other recipes you might like:
- Perach Galette (Vegan, Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Oat Peach Bars (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Black Bean Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Blueberry Vanilla Cream Crumble Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Dessert Pizza with Fruits & Berries (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Cherry Galette (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar Free & Lower In Fat)
For the crust
- 2 1/2 dl Gluten free all purpose flour
- 25 g Vegan (or regular) butter
- 1/2 dl Apple sauce
- A pinch of Salt
For the filling
- 40-50 Cherries pitted and havled
- 1-2 tsp Cardamom (optional)
- 1 tbsp Corn starch or tapioca flour
- Almond milk, to brush
- Combine flour, apple sauce, butter and salt in a bowl. Kneed until you have a firm dough.
- Put in a plastic bag or wrap in cling film and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl combine the pitted cherries, cardamom and corn starch or tapioca flour. Add sugar if you prefer it sweeter. Make sure the cherries are well coated.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the dough from the fridge.
- Divide the dough in two if making two small galettes. Place the dough on parchment paper and roll out to a thin dough.
- Arrange the cherries on the rolled out dough, leaving about 2 cm on the edges.
- Fold the dough edges in over the cherries.
- Brush with almond milk.
- Put on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes (until the dough is golden brown).
- Remember to keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
2 thoughts on “Cherry Galette (Vegan, Gluten, Oil & Sugar Free)”