This recipe is for fudgy, decadent and healthy Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies. These brownies only require 10 minutes of your time and a few ingredients and super easy to make. They are healthy enough to serve as breakfast or afternoon treat but delicious enough to have as dessert or a sweet treat. They are both vegan, gluten, sugar and oil free.
Baking with black beans is just wonderful. It makes the baked goods both moist, tender and juicy. And making black bean brownies is really one of my favorite things to bake using beans. The black beans make the brownies so nice, decadent and fudgy. They are both rich and decadent with an intense chocolate flavor yet still not too heavy. These black bean brownies are the perfect alternative if you want to bake something that is both delicious and tasty but at the same time healthy and nutritious. These brownies are sweetened with apple sauce, some stevia granular sugar and liquid sweetener. The amount of sugar and liquid sweetener can be adapted according to taste. I prefer my brownies less sweet really allowing the rich and fudgy chocolate taste come though. And I haven’t even mentioned the cherries yet. I don’t know if there is any other fruit that I love combining with chocolate as much as cherries. The cherries both add a nice sweetness and a lovely texture to the brownies. But they can of course be baked without cherries or replace by other fruits or berries. These black bean brownies are perfect to serve for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. They are both vegan, gluten, grain, sugar and oil free.
A few tips:
- Make sure to run the black beans until there are no big pieces left. It should be a smooth black bean paste when you’re done running them in the blender.
- The amount of sweetness can be adapted according to taste. I like my brownies less sweet hence I didn’t add too much sweeter.
- Make sure the cherries are evenly distributed in the batter.
- The baking time varies depending on how fudgy you prefer your brownies.
- The brownies will be a bit soft when you take them out of the oven but will set while cooling.
Ingredients for these Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies:
- Black beans
- Apple sauce
- Oat flour
- Cacao powder
- Stevia granular sugar
- Instant coffe
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Plant based milk
- Baking powder
- Psyllium husk
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Covered Brownie Popsicles (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Tartlet (Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Chocolate Lava Cake (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Avocado Brownies (Gluten, Grain, Dairy, Sugar, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Chickpea Brookies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar, Oil Free)
- 1 can Black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 dl Apple sauce
- 1/2 sl Cacao powder
- 1/2-1 dl Stevia granular sugar
- 1 tsp Instant coffee + 2 tbsp water (optional)
- 1 dl Oat flour
- 2 tbsp Plant based milk (I used almond milk)
- 4-5 drops Vanilla stevia drops (or vanilla extract)
- 1-3 tbsp Extra liquid sweetener if you prefer the brownies sweeter (optional, I did not use it)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Psyllium husk
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 10-15 Cherries pitted
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pit the cherries.
- Put drained beans in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Blend instant coffee and water in a small bowl (if using).
- Add apple sauce, instant coffee blend, plant based milk, stevia vanilla drops, granular sugar and liquid sweetener to the beans and mix until smooth.
- In a bowl combine oat flour, cacao powder, salt, baking powder and psyllium husk.
- Add little by little to the bean batter and blend until incorporated.
- Fold in the cherries with a spoon and blend until incorporated in the batter.
- Add batter to the prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes depending on how fudgy you like your brownies.