These brownies are made out of black beans and sweetened with apple sauce and some stevia. They are really fudgy and decadent, and the chocolate cherry combination is so delicious. They are really easy to make and will be really appreciated by everyone.
These brownies are dense and quite intense. I did not use any additional sweetener in mine, since I really do love less sweet baked goods. I also do avoid to sweeten too much because I feel it takes away the flavor from the rest of the ingredients. I love to feel that intense chocolate flavor and the sweet and delicious cherries. No need to add additional sweetener that takes to focus away from the main ingredients.
Ingredients for these Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar, Oil Free):
- Black beans
- Apple sauce
- Oat flour
- Cacao powder
- Instant coffe
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Plant based milk
- Baking powder
- Psyllium husk
Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar, Oil Free)
- 1 can Black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 dl Apple sauce
- 4-5 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1 tsp Instant coffee + 2 tbsp water (optional)
- 1 dl Oat flour
- 2 tbsp Plant based milk (I used almond milk)
- 4-5 drops Vanilla stevia drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract & 2-3 tbsp liquid sweetener)
- 1-2 tbsp Extra liquid sweetener if you prefer the brownies sweeter (optional, I did not use it)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Psyllium husk
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 10-15 Cherries pitted
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pit the cherries.
- Put drained beans in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Blend instant coffee and water in a small bowl (if using).
- Add apple sauce, instant coffee blend, plant based milk, stevia or vanilla and liquid sweetener to the beans and mix until smooth.
- In a bowl combine oat flour, cacao powder, salt, baking powder and psyllium husk.
- Add little by little to the bean batter and blend until incorporated.
- Fold in the cherries with a spoon and blend until incorporated in the batter.
- Add batter to the prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes depending on how fudgy you like your brownies.