This Chocolate Hummus is the perfect snack when you crave something sweet yet filling. It’s perfect to serve as an afternoon snack with some fruits, use it as a spread on bread or even add to you oat meal or breakfast bowl. It’s also a fun snack that will be enjoyed by the kids. They will think they’re eating chocolate, while they’re actually eating something healthy and nutritious.
Here I served mine with some cherries and strawberries, just because fruits and chocolate is always a good idea. Also added some baked purple potatoes and gluten free tortilla bread. I used half carob powder and half cacao powder when I made my hummus, just to get a little more sweetness and a pinch of caramel taste. But you can easily just replace the carob with cacao powder.
Ingredients for this Chocolate Hummus:
- Carob powder
- Cacao powder
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Peanut butter (optional, I did not use it in this batch)
Chocolate Hummus (Gluten, Dairy, Sugar Free)
- 1 (230 g) can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Carob powder (can be replaced by cacao powder)
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- 4-5 drops Vanilla stevia drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1-2 tbsp liquid sweetener)
- 2-3 tbsp Peanut butter (optional)