This Chocolate Hummus is the perfect snack when you crave something sweet yet filling. It’s perfect to serve as an afternoon snack with some fruits, use it as a spread on bread or even add to you oat meal or breakfast bowl. It’s also a fun snack that will be enjoyed by the kids. They will think they’re eating chocolate, while they’re actually eating something healthy and nutritious.
Here I served mine with some cherries and strawberries, just because fruits and chocolate is always a good idea. Also added some baked purple potatoes and gluten free tortilla bread. I used half carob powder and half cacao powder when I made my hummus, just to get a little more sweetness and a pinch of caramel taste. But you can easily just replace the carob with cacao powder.
Ingredients for this Chocolate Hummus:
- Carob powder
- Cacao powder
- Vanilla stevia drops
- Liquid sweetener
- Peanut butter (optional, I did not use it in this batch)
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Hummus (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Granola Butter
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Three Ingredients Banana Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Healthy Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Sugar Free)
Chocolate Hummus (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- 1 (230 g) can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Carob powder (can be replaced by more cacao powder)
- 2-2 1/2 tbsp Cacao powder
- 5-6 drops Vanilla stevia drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1-3 tbsp Liquid sweetener (depending on how sweet you prefer your chocolate hummus)
- 2-3 tbsp Peanut butter (or any other nut/seed butter, optional)
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Scrape the side as needed. Taste to check if more cacao powder or sweetener is needed.
- Place in a bowl and serve with fruits and/or crackers of your choice.