If you like brownies this Red Velvet Chickpea Brownie is a must try! These red velvet chickpea brownies are super fudgy, creamy, delicious and healthy at the same time. They only require a few easy key ingredients and 10 minutes of your time to prepare. Serve them as an afternoon snack or dessert. They are both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
Brownies are definitely one of my favorite dessert! The great thing is that you can experiment so much and make all different kinds. But one must is that they are super fudgy and creamy if you ask me. The fudgier the better! These red velvet chickpea brownies are both creamy and fudgy, sweet and delicious yet healthy and nutritious, Wow, they really have it all! The base is made using chickpeas, that makes them both nutritious and rich in protein and creamy at the same time. Then you have the mashed beets that adds a gentle and subtile sweetness to the brownies, but they’re also a great source for potassium, magnesium, fiber and iron. Together with the chickpeas they make a wonderful, creamy and delicious base for these velvet brownies. These red velvet brownies are baked with oat flour, which makes it more nutritious than using regular flour and sweetened with xylitol. You also have the cacao powder which makes them chocolaty and provides a rich flavor to these brownie bites. These red velvet brownies are super easy and quick to make, they taste amazing and are super creamy. They are both vegan, gluten and sugar free and perfect to serve as an afternoon snack or dessert.
A few tips:
- I love to cook my own beets and make a mash out of them. But you can also buy mashed beets.
- If cooking your own I would recommend you to cook them a few hours before baking these brownies.
- The amount of cacao powder can be adjusted depending on how rich chocolate flavor you prefer.
- The baking time will vary depending on how fudgy and creamy you prefer your brownies. I love my brownies very fudgy and creamy hence only baking them for 20 minutes.
- The amount of cacao powder for the frosting can be adjusted according to how chocolaty you prefer your frosting. I prefer it a little lighter for this recipe.
- Let the brownies cool completely before adding the frosting and cutting them into pieces.
- Store there brownies in an air proof container in the fridge for up to seven days.
Ingredients for these Red Velvet Chickpea Brownies:
- Beetroot mash
- Out flour
- Cacao powder
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Baking soda
- Vegan cream cheese
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Hummus (Gluten, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Merengue Cupcakes (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Avocado Brownie (Gluten, Dairy, Sugar, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Chickpea Brookies (Vegan, GLuen & Sugar Free)
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Dip (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Oil & Suagr Free)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Brownie Popiscles (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Four Ingredients Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Red Velvet Chickpea Brownie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 1 can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 dl Beetroot mash
- 2 dl Oat flour
- 2-2 1/2 dl Xylitol
- 1/2-3/4 dl Cacao powder (depending on how chocolaty you prefer them)
- 4-5 drops Stevia vanilla drops
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
For the frosting
- 1 1/2 dl Vegan cream cheese
- 2-3 tbsp Cacao powder (depending on how chocolaty you prefer your frosting)
- Xylitol, to taste
- Line a 18*18 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Cook your beets until soft and tender. Let them cool (this part is not part of the actual recipe time).
- Mix your beets using a hand mixer until you have a smooth mash/paste.
- Add chickpeas and stevia drops to a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Scrape the sides a few time if needed.
- Add the beetroot mash and mix agian.
- Combine oat flour, xylitol, cacao powder, salt, cinnamon and baking soda in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until incorporated.
- Pour into the lined baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how fudgy you prefer your brownies.
- Take out of then oven and let it cool.
- Meanwhile combine the cream cheese, cacao powder and sweetener in a bowl and mix using a hand mixer. Place in the fridge until ready to top the brownies.
- When the brownies has cooled spread the frosting on top and cut into desired pieces. Store in the fridge.
2 thoughts on “Red Velvet Chickpea Brownie (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)”
Please clarify, what is ‘dl’ in the recipe? Thank you…