This recipe is for a creamy, delicious, easy and healthy Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse. This sweet potato chocolate mousse only calls for four main ingredients and is super easy to make and only requires about five minutes of your time. It is perfect to serve as an afternoon snack/treat or dessert. This chocolate mousse is both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
Ok, so let’s talk a little about sweet potatoes! I could write an essay on how delicious, versatile and great they are in both cooking, baking and desserts! Sweet potatoes have a sweet tone that can break off a savory dish in such a nice and gentle way and at the same time add a wonderful sweetness to a sweet treat. It also has a wonderful creamy texture that adds a wonderful creaminess to both savory as well as sweet treats. Not to mention that is is very nutritious and high in fiber. And last but not least, it is a true chameleon that is easy to add in dishes without you even noticing they are part of the ingredients list. So due to all of the above benefits and great characteristics I decided to make this sweet potato chocolate mousse that only requires four main ingredients! This sweet potato chocolate mousse is both easy to make, only requires four main ingredients and only requires five minutes of your time. Since the sweet potato is creamy as it is you don’t need any other ingredient for this chocolate mousse to have the creamiest of chocolate mousses. It also has the sweet base which makes it require less added sweeteners than other chocolate mousses. Not to mention that it also is both nutritious, high in fiber and filling at the same time. I served this chocolate mousse with my roasted chickpeas that I seasoned with sea salt. The salted chickpeas make a wonderful crunchy and salty contrast to the sweet and creamy sweet potato chocolate mousse. I also added fresh blueberries to add a fresh taste to it. Serve this mousse as an afternoon treat or healthy dessert…. and the best thing… no one will ever guess it is made using sweet potatoes!
A few tips:
- You can either bake the sweet potato in the oven (which I did), cook or steam it.
- If cooking or steaming you can slice the sweet potato into smaller pieces for a quicker cooking time.
- Let the sweet potato cool a bit before peeling it so you don’t burn your fingers.
- The amount fo cacao powder will depending on how rich chocolate flavor you prefer and how big your sweet potato is.
- The amount of sweetener will depend on how sweet your prefer your chocolate mousse and how big your sweet potato is.
- The amount of milk will depend on how thick/thin you prefer your chocolate mousse.
- I love topping my chocolate mousse with these roasted chickpeas, just because they add a nice salty and crunchy contrast to the chocolate mousse. But you can top it with whatever you like or prefer.
Ingredients for this Four Ingredient Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse:
- Sweet potato
- Cacao powder
- Stevia granulated sugar
- Liquid sweetener (optional)
- Plant based milk
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Roasted chickpeas
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Hummus (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Three Ingredients Banana Chocolate Mousse (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Healthy Chocolate Mousse (Vegan, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Fudgy Avocado Brownie (Gluten, Grain. Dairy, Sugar, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Dip (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Fudgy Black Bean Cherry Brownies (Vegan, Gluten, Sugar & Oil Free)
- Edible Cookie Dough (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Zucchini & Chocolate Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Covered Brownie Cakesicles (Gluten & Sugar Free)
Four Ingredient Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- 1 large Sweet potato washed
- 1/2-3/4 dl Cacao powder (depending on how chocolaty you prefer your mousse)
- 2-5 tbsp Stevia granulated sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Liquid sweetener (optional)
- 1-3 tbsp Plant based milk (to thin)
- 1-2 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
For the topping
- Fresh blueberries
- Roasted chickpeas (see note 1 for recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or bring water to a boil in a pot.
- If making the sweet potatoes in the oven fork them all around making small holes to prevent the potato from exploding in the oven. Bake in the oven for about 40-50 minutes, until the sweet potato is soft and fully cooked through.
- Or cook/steam the sweet potato in the pot. For a quicker cooking time you can divide the sweet potatoes into smaller pieces. If you steam or cook the sweet potato it will take about 20-35 minutes, depending on the size and if you have cut it into smaller pieces.
- When the sweet potato is done let it cool for a few minutes before removing the peel.
- When you have removed the peal place the sweet potato in a bowl and mix using a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add cacao powder, sugar, liquid sweetener and cinnamon (if using) and mix or stir until combined.
- Add plant based milk to thin the sweet potato chocolate mousse until it has desired consistancy. Let the mousse cool down completely.
- Place in two glasses/bowls and top with blueberries and roasted chickpeas (or any other desired topping).
2 thoughts on “Four Ingredient Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)”