These cute and delicious stuffed persimmons are the perfect fall and winter meal. This is a fun and different way of using persimmons, making them savory instead of eating them sweet. These persimmons are stuffed with lentils, mushrooms and raising, and spiced with lots of different spices. They are perfect to make for meal prep purpose when you want something delicious to warm up a cold fall or winters day.
I’ve been loving stuffing food lately. Making lots of stuffed bell peppers, cabbage rolls and so on. So I had to try and make stuffed persimmons as well. I really lover persimmon, they’re so juicy, sweet and delicious. But they are usually associated with sweet dishes. But they are actually really great to use for savory purposes as well. The sweet persimmons and savory filling make the most delicious combination. The persimmons are tender, juicy and sweet and then stuffed with a savory filling that has a lot of flavor and such a nice texture. These stuffed persimmons can be adapted endlessly! You can use different beans, lentils or vegetables. You can add in some nuts or seeds to make it more crunchy and nutty. And you can adapt the seasoning, making them more or less spicy for example.
Storage & reheating:
- Reheat them in the oven at 100 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Warm them in the micro wave on medium effect for 3-4 minutes.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
- Freeze them and let them thaw over night and then reheat them.
Ingredients for these Lentil Stuffed Persimmon:
- Yellow onion
- Button mushrooms
- Fresh ginger
- Red lentils
Other recipes you might like:
- Quinoa Stuffed Green Bell Peppers (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- Vegan Zucchini Ricotta Rolls (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free, Low Carb)
- Open Lentil Moussaka (Vegan, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Lentil Curry (Vegan)
- Stuffed Romaine Lettuce Rolls (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free)
Lentil Stuffed Persimmon (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 8 Persimmons
- 1 Yellow onion finely chopped
- 4 Button mushrooms finely diced
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 cm Fresh ginger grated or minced
- 1 can Red lentils drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven tp 175 degrees Celsius.
- Cut off the top of the persimmons and scoop put the inside using a spoon or a melon baller. Save the inside for later.
- Put the persimmons on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until they starts to get soft.
- Meanwhile preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Fry the yellow onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes until it starts to get golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger, lentiles, the inside of the persimmons, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Let it fry until warm. Taste to check if additional seasoning is needed.
- Take out the persimmons from the oven and add filling into each of them. (You might have some filling left).
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes.