This recipe is for a creamy, flavorful and super delicious Chai Spiced Smoothie Bowl. This smoothie bowl only calls for a few staple ingredients and only takes five minutes to make. Make it for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. It is both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
Smoothie bowls are so great and convenient to make. You can really use the same base each and every time and the just experiment with different flavors, ingredients and adds ins to make it fit your mood and craving of the day. I love make smoothie bowls either using fruits and veggies that are starting to look a bit sad or by using staple ingredients that I always have at home. In that way you really don’t need to plan them much in advance or make it complicated. This smoothie bowl is a chai spiced version using banana, oats and plant based milk as the base. Then I just added chai spices to the blender and some dates and tada, in just five minutes you have a wonderful and creamy smoothie bowl. This chai spiced smoothie bowl is both quick and easy to make, creamy and very flavorful and healthy at the same time. I topped my smoothie bowl with granola and chia seeds to add some crunch and topped it with more cinnamon. This smoothie bowl is perfect to make when you want something easy, light and fresh but still flavorful and delicious. It is both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
A few tips:
- You can use either fresh or frozen bananas. The texture will be different depending on which you use.
- If you use fresh banana then you can use less milk.
- The amount of spices can be adapted according to taste and how strong chai flavor you prefer.
- I used dates as sweetener, but you can leave them out or replace them with a liquid sweetener.
Ingredients for this Chai Spiced Smoothie Bowl:
- Plant based milk
- Ground ginger
- Ground cloves
- Ground nutmeg
- Stevia vanilla drops or vanilla extract (optional)
- Chia seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Apple Pie Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Mango & Galia Melon Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Green Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Amaranth Porridge with Apples & Cinnamon (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Pink Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Nut & Sugar Free)
- Nice Cream with Rhubarb & Strawberry Compote (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Vanilla Cauliflower Porridge (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Mango, Peach & Kiwi Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
Chai Spiced Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the smoothie
- 1 Banana (preferably frozen) sliced
- 3/4-1 dl Plant based milk
- 3/4 dl Oats
- 2-3 Dates pitted
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 3-4 drops Stevia vanilla drops or vanilla extract (optional)
For the topping
- Chia seeds
- Place all the ingredients for the smoothie in a high speed blender. Taste to check if more seasoning or milk is needed.
- Pour into a bowl, top with granola, chia seeds and cinnamon.
One thought on “Chai Spiced Smoothie Bowl (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)”