This recipes is for a delicious, warm and fresh Chévre Chaud & Mixed Beet Salad. This salad only requires a few key ingredients and is silly easy to make. Serve this salad as a starter, main course or side dish. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
Nothing beats a good salad if you ask me!I love making quite simple salads, just using a few but really good ingredients. You really don’t have to make it more complicated than that! Less is more is always my philosophy. This salad is no exception! I is made with just a few key ingredients, is really easy to make but still tastes amazing! I guess chèvre, beets and walnuts are a well know combination. So I took these three ingredients and made this simple and delicious chèvre chaud salad. To make it a bit more interesting I’ve added some sweet juicy cherry tomatoes and a little red onion for its gently sweet taste and crunchy texture then topped it with both honey and balsamic vinegar for the creamy and sweet flavors that makes such a wonderful contrast to the intense and tart chèvre cheese. To spice things up and also add a little more color I added pistachio nuts. This salad is great to serve both as a starter, main course or side dish to your main dish. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
A few tips:
- If you want a shorter cooking time for the beets cut them into wedges before cooking.
- I used a mix of red and yellow beets for this dish. But you can choose any beets you like or have at home.
- I love to dry roast my nuts to make them a little warm and to add that lovely roasted feeling. But you can use plain nuts as well.
- I topped my chèvre with both honey and balsamic vinegar just because they both pair so well with chèvre. But you can use just one of them as well.
- Make sure the oven is really hot before you bake the chèvre. It should only bake for a few minutes so that it gets warm and creamy, but not turn out runny and over melted. You can also turn on the broiler if you prefer your chèvre a bit more browned.
Ingredients for this Chèvre Chaud & Mixed Beet Salad:
- Red beets
- Yellow beets
- Mixed cherry tomatoes
- Mixed greens
- Red onion
- Pistachio nuts
- Fiber syrup/honey/agave
- Balsamic vinegar
Other recipes you might like:
- Summer Quinoa & Halloumi Salad (Gluten Free)
- Galia Melon & Mozzarella Salad
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Roasted Tomatoes On A Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Halloumi Salad Bowl (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Kale Salad with Pears & Blue Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Shaved Brussels sprouts & Kale Salad (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Burrata with Fresh Figs (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Persimmon & Burrata (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
Chèvre Chaud & Mixed Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 2 pieces Chévre
- 2 Red beets
- 2 Yellow beets
- 6-8 Mixed cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 hands Mixed greens
- 1 small Red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Walnuts roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Fiber syrup, honey or agave
- Balsamic vinegar
- Bring water to a boil in a pot.
- Cook the beets whole or cut them into wedges for a shorter cooking time. Add to the pot of boiling water with some salt. Lower the heat and let them shimmer for 30-45 minutes (depending on how big they are and how soft you prefer them).
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- When the beets are ready drain them and run under cold water for a few seconds to cool them slighly.
- Add the walnuts and pistachio nuts to the hot pan and dry roas them for a few minutes.
- Place the chèvre slices on a parchment covered baking sheet and drizzle with fiber syrup, honey or agave. Bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Assembly the salads by placing mixed green leafs at the bottom of two plates.
- Add the beets, cherry tomatoes and red onion on top.
- Place the baked chèvre on top of the salad add drizzle with more fiber syrup/honey/agave and balsamic vinegar. Top with the dry roasted nuts.
- Serve immediately.