This is a delicious, tasty and quick recipe for Chèvre Chaud Salad with Summer Fruits. This salad is both easy and quick to make only including a few easy ingredients. Serve this chèvre Chaud salad for lunch, as a starter, main course or side dish. It is both vegetarian, gluten and grain free.
Chèvre Chaud (or baked goat cheese as some also call it) is one of the most delicious dishes I know. It’s a whole pieces of creamy goat cheese that is baked on high temperature in the oven for just a few minutes, which makes it creamy, warm and just fantastic. Making Chèvre Chaud using seasonal ingredients is really a great and easy way of making a wonderful dish. Making the chèvre chaud only takes a few minutes and turns out wonderful. It pairs so well with both fruits and vegetables and is therefore great to pair with what you have at home. But one of my favorite ways of paring chèvre is with sweet, juicy and fresh seasonal fruits and berries. The tangy and creamy goat cheese makes a wonderful combination with sweet fresh fruits. This salad is served with crunchy hazel and pistachio nuts and a warm honey/lemon dressing. This dish is great to serve both for lunch, as a starter, main course or side dish.
A few tips:
- Use a creamy and good quality goat cheese/chèvre.
- Bake it on high temperature in the oven for just a few minutes. It should become warm, creamy but it shouldn’t melt completely. Turn on the broiler the last minute to get it more golden brown. I skipped that part this time and just baked in on high temperature.
- Use medium ripe peaches. They should not be too soft, otherwise they will become mushy and soggy when you fry them.
- Make sure to fry the peaches on medium/high heat for just 1-2 minutes. They should become slightly warm and golden brown but still have some a crunchy core.
- Use sweet and juicy strawberries.
- Let the honey/lemon dressing simmer on low heat until it has reduces and thickened slightly.
- I would recommend you to serve the dressing warm. It makes a wonderful contrast to the fresh strawberries and peaches, and adds a lovely taste to the chèvre. But it can also be served cold.
Ingredients for this Chèvre Chaud Salad with Summer Fruits:
- Goat cheese/Chèvre
- Mixed green leaves
- REd onion
- Pistachio nuts
- Fiber syrup/honey/agave
- Lemon juice
Other recipes you might like:
- Chèvre Chaud & Mixed Beet Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Galia Melon Mozzarella Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Watermelon & Feta Cheese Summer Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Bresaola, Mozzarella & mango Salad (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Prawn & Halloumi Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Fresh Fig, Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Salad (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Roasted Tomatoes On A Feta Cheese Yogurt Bed (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Baked Feta Cheese & Grape Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Chèvre Chaud Salad with Summer Fruits (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- 200-250 g Goat cheese/Chèvre
- 75-100 g Mixed green leaves
- 4-6 Strawberries sliced
- 2 Peaches pitted and cut into wedges
- 1/2 small Red onion thinly sliced
- Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Hazelnuts roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Fiber syrup/honey/agave
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees Celsius.
- Add the ingredients for the dressing to a small pot, bring to a boil and then let it simmer for a while, until it reduces slightly. Stir regularly.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive or coconut oil.
- Place the chèvre/goat cheese on an oven safe baking dish and bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes, turn on the broiler and let is bake for another 1 minute. Check regularly yo make sure it doesn't burn.
- Meanwhile slice the peach and fry in the hot pan for 1-2 minutes. Just until slightly warm and starts to get golden brown, but still a bit crunchy on the inside.
- Place mixed salad on two plates. Add the sliced red onion, strawberries and fried peach. Top with the baked chèvre/goat cheese, warm dressing and chopped pistachio and hazelnuts.