This recipe is for a delicious, healthy and easy Hot Smoked Salmon Salad. This salad is easy to make, almost requires no cooking and is ready to serve in only five minutes if you don’t count the time for cooking potatoes. This salad is perfect for both a fresh and easy lunch as well as for a delicious and healthy dinner. It is both gluten and grain free.
I don’t eat salmon very often, I think I ate it too much during my younger years. But when I do, I love using hot smoked salmon! Im usually not a fan of smoked flavors, but hot smoked salmon is the exception. I love the flaky texture, being both tender and creamy at the same time with the mild smokey flavor. It’s amazing to add to a salad and combine it with fresh and crispy vegetables. The crunchy, yet quite mild red onion and the thinly sliced fennel that has a hint of anise flavor to it makes a wonderful combination with the hot smoked salmon. I also added cooked potatoes to make it more filling and also because it pairs well with the hot smoked salmon and fish roe for the texture and salty addition. I love just sprinkling this salad with some fresh lemon juice, but you can also serve it with a nice dill or herb dressing, balsamic vinegar or a creamy avocado dressing.
A few tips:
- Use good quality salmon, since it’s the star of the dish.
- You can with benefit cook the potatoes in advance and let them cool until ready to serve.
- I like to add small mouth sized pieces of salmon to the salad and not adding one big piece. I love how the salmon combines with the other ingredients when its thorn into smaller pieces.
- I love slicing the fennel using a mandolin to make sure I get really think slices.
Ingredients for this Hot Smoked Salmon Salad:
- Mixed green leafs
- Hot smoked salmon
- Fish roe
- Red onion
- Sunflower sprouts
Other recipes you might like:
- Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Salmon Poké Bowl (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Potato Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette (Vegan, Gluten, Dairy & Oil Free)
- Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Summer Vegetable Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Salad Nicoise with Tuna Steak (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Asian Style Salmon Salad
Hot Smoked Salmon Salad (Gluten & Grain Free)
- 6-8 Potatoes cooked
- 2 hands full of Mixed green leafs
- 150 g Hot smoked salmon
- 6 tsp Fish roe
- 1 small Red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 Fennel shaved
- Sunflower sprouts
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Cook potatoes in a pot until soft. Drain and but in halfs or quarteres.
- Place greens leafs in two salad bowls.
- Add the cut potatoes, small chuncks of hot smoked salmon, shaved fennel and red onion.
- Doppol fish roe on top of the salad.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the two salad bowls and add sunflower sprouts on top.
2 thoughts on “Hot Smoked Salmon Salad (Gluten & Grain Free)”