Salad Niçoise is such an iconic summer salad. I think it’s the salad I associate with summer the most. It brings me back to when I used to travel to France during summer vacation. But I also love making this salad at home. It’s such a good salad to serve for dinner during summer, since it’s fresh but still filling.
This salad is great with both canned tuna as well as with a tuna steak. I usually make it with canned tuna when serving it for lunch, and use a nice tuna steak when making it for dinner.
Ingredients for this Salad Niçoise with Tuna Steak:
- Green leafs
- Tuna steak
- Green beans
- Red onion
- Cherry tomato
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice
- Balsamic vinegar
Salad Niçoise with Tuna Steak
For the salad
- 2 hands full of Green leafs
- 200 g Tuna steak
- 6 Cooked potatoes cut in half
- 1/2 Zucchini thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 hand full of Green beans
- 1/2 Red onion thinly sliced
- 10 Olives
- 3 Cooked eggs peeled and cut in half
- 1 Scallion thinly sliced
- 1/3 Cucumber cut in half moons
- 7-8 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
For the dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Some water to thin if needed
- Bring water to a boil in a pot.
- Cook the green beans for 2-3 minutes. They should still be crispy.
- Drain the beans.
- Arrange all the vegetables on a big plate.
- Combine dijon mustard, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Add some water if needed. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium/high heat with some olive oil.
- Season the tuna steak/steaks with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 1/2-2 minutes on each side, depending on how thick your tuna is and how raw you like it.
- Slice the tuna stake in 1/2 cm thick slices and put on top of the salad.
- Serve with the dressing.