This recipe is for an easy, delicious and healthy Asian Style Salmon Salad. This salad comes together in only 20 minutes and only requires a few minutes of your time to prepare. Serve it for lunch, dinner, include it in a buffet or make it for meal prep purpose.
This Asian Style Salmon Salad is perfect to make when you want something that feels fresh and light yet filling and healthy. And it really comes together in the blink of an eye! Just bake the potatoes and salmon in the oven and prepare the veggies while it Cookes. The great part is that this salad can be served both hot and cold. So no matter if you’re just making it for yourself, meal prepping for the week, having a lot of people over for dinner or need a salad to bring along, this is it. This asian style salmon salad really has the perfect mix of crunchy vegetables, sweet fruit and tomatoes, some spice from the red chili and sriracha sauce and the delicate and creamy taste of salmon.
A few tips:
- Make sure to have equally sized potatoes so that the baking times is the same for all of them.
- The potatoes take about 10-12 minutes longer to bake than the salmon, so make sure not to put the salmon into the oven too early.
- Make sure not to bake the Salmond for too long. It should be pink and start to look a bit flaky. You can insert a knife in the thicker parts of the salmon to check if it is ready. If the meat is beginning to flake, but still has a little translucency in the middle, it is done.
- You can adjust the amount of chili and sriracha sauce according to taste.
Ingrediens for the Asian Style Salmon Salad:
- Green leafs
- Red onion
- Red chili
- Chili flakes
- Mint leafs
- Thai basil (optiona)
- Sriracha sauce
Other recipes you might like:
- Asian Style Tuna Steak (Paleo, Keto & Low Carb)
- Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Bánh Xèo – Crispy Vietnamese Pancakes (Gluten Free)
- Spicy Salmon Poké Bowl (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Poppy Seed Seared Tuna Bowl
Asian Style Salmon Salad
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 6 small Potatoes cut in half
- 2 Scallion (both with and green parts) sliced
- 1 Mango peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 Tomatoes sliced
- 10 cm Cucumber diced
- 1 small Red onion thinly sliced
- 1 Red chili sliced
- 1-2 tsp Chili flakes
- A bunch of Cilantro
- A bunch of Mint leafs
- A bunch of Thai basil (optional)
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 3 tbsp Dairy free yoghurt
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Place the potatoes on a baking pan and put in the oven.
- Place the salmone fillets in a separate baking pan and season with chili flakes.
- When about 10-15 minutes remain for the potatoes to be ready in the oven place the salmon and bake for 10-15 minutes. Just until soft, starts to get flaky but still holds some chewing resistance. Don't bake for too long so it gets dry and boring.
- Meanwhile mix yoghurt with sriracha sauce in a small bowl, set aside.
- Prepare all the vegetables and the mango.
- Put green leafs on a big plate.
- Arrange the rest of the vegetables.
- Add potatoes and salmon on top when done.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and top with fresh herbs.
- Serve with sriracha sauce.
6 thoughts on “Asian Style Salmon Salad”