If your looking for a very taste and flavorful yet easy and fresh salad this Asian Beef Salad is a must try! This recipe is made with easy ingredients and only takes about 15 minutes to make. Serve this salad for lunch or dinner. This salad is both gluten, grain, dairy free and low carb.
A fresh and easy yet tasty and flavorful salad is something I could eat everyday. I really never get tired of salads, and they never have to become boring since you can vary them endlessly. I love either doing a color theme, like green in this salad, or to have a thumb rule to include at least five different colors. This asian beef salad is very simple, easy and quick to make including fresh green leaves, tasty scallion, crunchy sugar snaps and hot green chili. It is served with quickly fried beef, warm dry roasted peanuts and a tasty Tamari based dressing. You really only need a few ingredients, most of them quite staple and 15 minutes to make it. This salad is perfect to serve either for lunch or dinner and great to make as a sharing dish. It is both gluten, grain, dairy free and low carb.
A few tips:
- You can swap the beef for any other meat you like or prefer. But make sure it is a good quality meat since it’s really the key ingredient.
- If you want to make this dish meatless you can add shrimps, chicken, tofu or why not halloumi instead.
- The frying time for the beef will vary depending on how thick your piece of beef is and how raw you prefer your meat.
- The amount of chili can be adapted according to taste. Take a small bite of the chili to check how spicy it is before adding it to the salad.
- If you don’t like peanuts or are allergic you can use cashew nuts, almonds, or sunflower seeds instead.
Ingredients for this Asian Beef Salad:
- Beef sirloin
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Mixed green leaves
- Sugar snaps
- Green chili
- Fresh mint
- Furikake seasoning or sesame seeds
- Fish sauce
- Honey, agave or fiber syrup
- Sesame oil
- Chili flakes
Other recipes you might like:
- Korean Ssam
- Thai Green Curry with Meatballs (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Korean Beef Tartar (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Korean Spicy Meatballs with Fresh Vegetables (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Bibimbap with Ribeye
- Thai Inspired Pomelo Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Raw Pad Thai (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Salmon Poké Bowl (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Asian Style Salmon Salad (Gluten Free)
Asian Beef Salad (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- 150 g Beef sirloin
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 100-150 g Mixed green leaves
- 1/2 Cucumber sliced
- 10 Sugar snaps thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 Green chili thinly sliced
- 1 Scallion (both white and green part) thinly sliced
- Fresh minut, to taste roughly chopped
- 4-5 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- Furikake or sesame seeds, to top
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tsp Honey, fiber syrup or agave
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- Chili flakes, to taste
- Preheat two pans over medium heat. One with some olive oil and one without.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and set aside.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper according to taste.
- When the pan with the olive oil is hot add the beef and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side (depending on how thick it is and how bloody you prefer your beef).
- Add the peanuts to the other pan and dry roast over medium heat. Stir regularly.
- Meanwhile slice the sugar snaps, cucumber, green chili, scallion and roughly chop the mint (leave some whole leaves to garnish) and combine with the green leaves.
- Place the salad on a big plate and add about half of the dressing. Stir to combine.
- When the meat is done let it rest for 2-3 minutes and the slice it thinly and place on top of the salad.
- Top with dry roasted peanuts, mint leaves, furikake seasoning and lime wedges. Pour rest of the dressing over the salad.