If you’re looking for a delicious, easy and not overwhelming but still tasty grilled cheese sandwich you need to try this Artichoke Grilled Cheese Sandwich. You only need a few key ingredients and 10 minutes to make it. Serve it for brunch, lunch or make it outdoors or bring along for a picnic. This sandwich is both vegetarian and gluten free. You can of course make it vegan by using vegan cheese alternatives.
Sometimes a good grilled cheese sandwich is all you need! Especially if you have a perfectly melted cheese and some good stuffing. This grilled cheese is a vegetarian one made with two different cheeses, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and arugula. It is really simple and easy yet so delicious and tasty. And even though it is a grilled cheese sandwich this one is not overwhelming or too heavy if you ask me. It only includes a few simple ingredients, is easy to adapt and ready in only 10 minutes. Make it for brunch, lunch or a picnic, or bring the ingredients and make it outdoors.
A few tips:
- I used a gluten free bread for this sandwich. But you can use any bread you like or have at home. It doesn’t even have to be toast bread. You can use a ciabatta, levain or even a bagel.
- You can use any yellow cheese that you like or have at home.
- Make sure to distribute the cheese evenly so that it covers all parts of the sandwich.
- Cut the artichoke hearts in half to make sure you don’t have too big pieces of artichokes when taking a bite.
- Fry the sandwich on medium heat under a lid to make sure the cheese melts.
Ingredients for this Artichoke Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- Gluten free bread
- Yellow cheese of choice
- Artichoke hearts
- Olive oil or butter
Other recipes you might like:
- Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado & Poached Egg (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Sweet Potato Toast with Prosciutto, Asparagus & Burrata (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Cream Cheese & Vegetable Sandwich (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Toast with Burrata & Pesto (Gluten Free)
- Toast with Scrambled Eggs & Chanterelles (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Bagels with Cream Cheese, Smoked Salmon & Capers (Gluten Free)
- Sandwich Two Ways – Salmon & Tuna Salad (Gluten Free)
- Toast with Cream Cheese & Rhubarb Spread (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Toast with Cream Cheese & Peach Sauce (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- High Protein Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bread (Gluten Free)
Artichoke Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- 4 slices Gluten free bread
- 8 slices Yellow cheese (like cheddar or gouda)
- 1 Mozzarella
- 1/2 Tomato sliced
- 2-3 Artichoke hearts cut in half
- Olive oil or butter, to fry
- Preheat a nonstick pan with some olive oil or butter.
- Take two pieces of the bread and add two slices of yellow cheese on each bread.
- Tear the mozzarella into smaller pieces and put on to of the yellow cheese. Divide equally between the two bread slices.
- Add a sliced tomatoes, followed by artichoke hearts and arugula.
- Top with the four remaining slices of cheese.
- Fry in the pan under a lid until golden brown, warm and the cheese has melted.