If your looking for an easy, delicious and healthy brunch, lunch or snack toast here’s one for you! This sweet potato is quick and easy to make, skipping the bread using sweet potato instead. It’s low carb, gluten and grain free.
Who else loves a good brunch? Im not much for breakfasts, it a bit too early for me. But I really love a delicious brunch. Have you ever tried using sweet potato as toast instead of regular bread? if not, you HAVE TO TRY IT! I love them for so many reasons. First of all, it’s such a good substitute for bread. Since I don’t eat gluten and Im not very keen on the gluten free bread they sell at the stores I most often don’t have any bread at home. So when I don’t feel like baking my own, and I just want something quick and delicious I make sweet potato toast. Second, or as already mentioned. Sweet potato toast is so quick and easy to make, and I always have it at home. Third, I think it provide such a nice addition both in texture and taste, I actually prefer them over regular bread. And last but not least, they are a very good option if you want something with less carbs and more nutrition.
This sweet potato toast has the perfect combination of softa and creamy avocado, tangy feta cheese, crunchy pomegranate seeds and creamy poached egg. This combo is almost unbeatable if you ask me! This sweet potato toast is perfect to serve for a lovely weekend brunch, a light lunch or an afternoon snack!
Ingredients for this Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado & Poached Egg:
- Sweet potato
- Vinegar (optional)
- Feta cheese
- Pomegranate seeds
- Beetroot sprouts
- Lemon pepper seasoning
Other recipes you might like:
- Asparagus & Feta Cheese Omelette
- Toast with Cream Cheese & Peach Sauce
- Brunch Tacos with Black Beans, Fried Egg & Home Made Salsa (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- Easy Five Ingredients Bagel (Gluten Free)
- Lentil Shakshuka
- Green Shakshuka
Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado & Poached Egg (Gluten Free & Grain Free)
- 4 slices Sweet potatoes (about 1/2 cm thick) sliced lenght wise
- 2 Avocado peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vinegar (optional, but makes it easier to poach the eggs)
- 1/4 package Feta cheese
- 4 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- Beetroot sprouts (to top)
- Lemon pepper seasoning (to top)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Put the sweet potato slices on a parchment covered baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10-15 minute (depending how thick they are) until soft.
- Meanwhile peel, pit and mash the avocados and combine with lemon juice. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot together with the vingear (if using)
- I cook one egg at a time. Start by cracking one egg into a small bowl.
- When the water starts to boil, lower the heat and wait until the water just shimmers.
- Using a whisk or a wooden spoon create a swirl/whirpool in the water.
- Gently slip the egg into the shimmering water. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes, depending on how runny you prefer your eggs.
- Remove the egg with slotted spoon and drain well.
- Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- When the sweet potatoes are done place on plates, top with the mashed avocado, crumbled feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, poached eggs.
- Top with lemon pepper seasoning and beetroot sprouts.
- Serve immediately while warm.