This is a delicious, light and easy recipe for a fresh appetizer, finger food or side dish. It only takes 15 minutes to make, is vegan and gluten free. They are also low carb and grain free. These rolls are both fresh, light yet still has a lot of flavor. They are perfect to make when you want something fresh and easy to serve.
I love a good appetizer! Usually I prefer them fresh and a little lighter. I mean, it’s an appetizer.. you shouldn’t be full before dinner. If you’re just like me these aubergine/eggplant rolls are perfect to make! They’re fresh, light and easy to make. Yet still have a lot of flavor from all the spices, sesame oil and raisins. Thees rolls are both vegan, gluten, grain free and low carb. Which makes them a great appetizer that can be served regardless of allergies or food preferences.
But these aubergine/eggplant rolls are not only good to serve as appetizers. They’re also perfect to include if you’re making a meze dinner or just serving lots of small dishes. When I make them they’re always appreciated since they add both freshness but also a lot of delicious mix of flavors.
Ingredients for these Aubergine Rolls with Spiced Cauliflower Couscous Salad:
- Olive oil
- Cauliflower head
- Sesame oil
- Ground cumin
- Ground turmeric
- Ground chili
- Red bell pepper
Other recipe you might like:
- Ajvar Filled Zucchini Rolls
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Plums & Feta Cheese
- Persimmon Carpaccio
- Pajeon Korean Pancakes (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Aubergine Rolls with Spiced Cauliflower Couscous Salad (Vegan, Gluten & Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 8-10 slices of Aubergine thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/4 Cauliflower head divided into smaller florets
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Ground chili (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 small Carrot julienned or thinly sliced
- 1 small Beetroot shredded
- 1/4 Red bell pepper thinly sliced
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Process the cauliflower florets in a food processor until you have a cous cous like texture.
- Put the sliced augergine/eggplant in the grill pan and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, until softened and grill marks start to show. Repeat with the remaining slices.
- Meanwhile the aubergine/eggplat is grilling preaheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with the sesame oil.
- Add cauliflower rice, lemon juice, ground cumin, cinnamon, ground turmeric, chili (if using), salt and raisins to the pan and let it fry for just a few minutes until warm and a little browned.
- Meanwhile slice and shred the carrot, beetroot and red bell pepper.
- When the aubergine/eggplats are ready put them on a cutting board.
- Add the cauliflower cous cous spread on one of the aubergine strips, put some shredded beetroot, carrot and red bell pepper on top and roll them p starting from the narrow part.
- Repeat until att aubergine slices are done.