This recipe is for a quick, easy, fresh and delicious Asparagus, Prosciutto & Mozzarella. This recipe only calls for three main ingredients and only takes maximum 10 minutes to prepare. Serve this for brunch, lunch or as an appetizer or starter. This dish is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
I always prefer “more is less” dishes. You don’t need a lot of ingredients to make a really delicious and wonderful dish. Especially if you use high quality ingredients! Then you really want the ingredients to speak for themselves without mixing too many ingredients together. This simple and easy dish might look down scaled, and it also is. But it doesn’t mean that is bland or boring. Quite the opposite! The fried and crunchy asparagus pairs so well with the creamy, tender and delicate mozzarella and the savory and flavorful prosciutto. This dish hold a lot fo different flavors and a wonderful combinations of tastes and textures. You really don’t need much more to make a great and super delicious dish. This asparagus, prosciutto and mozzarella plate is perfect to serve for brunch, lunch or as a fresh and delicious appetizer or starter. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- As always! Use high quality ingredients. Since this dish only includes three main ingredients you should really try to focus on high quality ingredients. It really makes the biggest difference and can either make this dish amazing or just really… bland.
- When frying the asparagus make sure it gets warm and a bit golden brown, but still holds some crunch and isn’t cooked through.
- I love adding some sprouts or something crunchy to this dish. Here I added some sunflower sprouts.
- And my all time favorite is to top this dish with some high quality thick balsamic vinegar. It adds such a nice sharp yet sweet flavor to the dish.
Ingredients for this Asparagus, Prosciutto & Mozzarella:
- Sunflower sprouts
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Thick balsamic vinegar (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Sweet Potato Toast with Prosciutto, Asparagus & Burrata (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Sweet Potato Toast with Avocado & Poached Egg (Gluten & Grain Free)
- White Asparagus with Prosciutto (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- White Asparagus with Shrimps
Asparagus, Prosciutto & Mozzarella (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 6 Asparagus cut into smaller pieces
- 2 Mozzarella
- 4 slices Prosciutto
- Sunflower sprouts, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Thick balsamic vinegar, to top (optional)
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Cut off the dry and woody parts of the asparagus.
- Fry the asparagus for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown and a little softened. It should still be crunchy.
- Place one mozzarella on each plate. Divide the asparagus equally between two plates and place prosciutto on the side.
- Top with sea salt, black pepper and some lemon juice. Drizzle with thick balsamic vinegar on top (if using).