This recipe os for a delicious, fresh and flavorful Easy Flatbread Pizza with Cherry Tomatoes, Mozzarella & Pesto. This flatbread pizza only requires a few key ingredients and only take 15 minutes to make. The pizza crust only includes three key ingredients and is so easy and quick to make. This pizza is topped with a creamy and delicious cherry tomato, mozzarella and pesto topping. Serve this flatbread pizza as an appetizer, starter or make a bigger one and eat as a main course.
A quick and easy pizza is one of my favorite appetizers or starters to make. Especially when you make a flatbread pizza crust. It maximum takes 15 minutes to make and is a great alternative when you don’t have the time or energy to make a real pizza crust. This flatbread pizza crust only includes four ingredients, no yeas and no waiting time. When comes to pizza topping I always go for “less is more”. I love using just a few but high quality ingredients. Letting the ingredients speak for themselves. This flatbread pizza is topped with heirloom cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, pesto, arugula and fresh herbs. This combination is just divine. It is both creamy, flavorful yet delicate and fresh. Serve this flatbread pizza as an appetizer, starter or make a bigger one and have it as a main course.
A few tips:
- Use high quality ingredients. Using good quality tomatoes that are sweet and flavorful makes the biggest difference.
- Use your favorite pesto. I used a basil and arugula pesto. It’s so creamy and flavorful.
- Use a heavy-bottomed skillet if you have one.
- Make sure that the pan is really hot before you fry the flatbread.
- The flatbread should be fried for 2-3 minutes on each side, until grill marks start to form.
- This pizza is best served warm.
Ingredients for this Easy Flatbread Pizza with Cherry Tomatoes, Mozzarella & Pesto:
- Gluten free all purpose flour
- Greek yogurt
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Fresh mint
Other recipes you might like:
- Prosciutto & Peach Flat Bread Pizza
- Herb & Zucchini Flatbread Pizza (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Prosciutto & Fig Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
- Ricotta, Beetroot & Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites (Gluten Free)
Easy Flatbread Pizza with Cherry Tomatoes, Mozzarella & Pesto (Gluten Free)
For the flatbread
- 2 dl Gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 dl Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Sea salt, to taste
For the topping
- 10 Cherry tomatoes divided in half or quartered
- 1 Mozzarella cut in smaller pieces
- 2 tbsp Pesto
- Arugula, to taste
- Fresh basil, to taste roughly chopped
- Fresh mint, to taste roughly chopped
- Cut the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella in smaller pieces. Add pesto and combine until all the tomatoes and mozzarella is covered in pesto. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan (or regular pan) over medium heat with some olive oil in it.
- Combine the ingredients for the flatbread in a bowl and kneed the dough using your hand.
- Divide the dough in two if makeing smaller pizzas or keep the dough in one piece if making one pizza.
- Add some flour on a flat and clean surface. Flatten the doughs with your hands or with a rolling pin. It should be about 1/2 cm thick.
- Add the flatbread pizza to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes, until grill marks start to form. Flip and fry on the other side.
- Place the flatbread pizza crust on a plate and add the tomato/mozzarella topping. Top with arugula, basil and mint.
- Serve warm.