This recipe is for quick, easy and super delicious Mini Pizzas with Apricots & Taleggio. These mini pizzas only require a few key ingredients and 15 minutes to make. Serve them as small appetizer or finger food or make one large pizza and serve as a starter or main course. These mini pizzas are gluten free.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but Im mad about combining fruits and cheeses… In all ways and forms. I really love how sweet fruits and berries make such a lovely combination with tangy and salt cheese. Good thing there’s endless variations and combinations depending on what you’re in the mood for. This recipe is for easy, quick and gluten free mini pizzas (or make a big one) that are made with all purpose gluten free flour, greek yogurt. They are then topped with taleggio that brings a creamy texture with a hint of sweet flavor and tart yet soft warm apricots and baked in the oven. For serving I love to top them up with some fresh basil, thick balsamic vinegar and honey. The balsamic vinegar and honey really adds such a nice sweetness and combines perfectly with the taleggio and apricots. These mini pizzas are perfect to serve as small appetizers or finger food or to make bigger once and serve them as a starter or main dish.
A few tips:
- Make sure the oven is really warm before putting the pizzas into the oven.
- Don’t make the dough too thick, then it will become chewy and take over from the rest of the ingredients.
- Use a good quality taleggio cheese, it is one of two main starts of the dish.
- Use ripe apricots to make sure they’re not too tart.
- Don’t bake the pizza for too long. It should get golden brown and the cheese should melt, but the apricots should still not be fully cooked though and still hold some crunch and firm.
- These pizzas are best served warm and fresh out of the oven.
Ingredients for these Mini Pizzas with Apricots & Taleggio:
- Gluten free all purpose flour
- Greek yogurt
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
- Fresh basil
- Thick balsamic vinegar
Other recipes you might like:
- Easy Flatbread Pizza with Cherry Tomatoes, Mozzarella & Pesto (Gluten Free)
- Prosciutto & Peach Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
- Herb & Zucchini Flatbread Pizza (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Prosciutto & Fig Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
- Ricotta & Beetroot & Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza (Gluten Free)
Mini Pizzas with Apricots & Taleggio (Gluten Free)
For the crust
- 2 dl Gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 dl Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Sea salt, to taste
For the topping
- 100 g Taleggio crumbled
- 2-3 Apricots pitted and cut into wedges
- Fresh basil roughly chopped
- Thick balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Combine the ingredients for the flatbread in a bowl and kneed the dough using your hand.
- Make 4-6 small pizzas or one large one and place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Top with crumbled taleggio and about 2-3 wedges of apricots.
- Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Top with fresh basil and drizzle half of them with thick balsamic vinegar and the rest with honey.