These Watermelon Bites with Goat Cheese Cream are refreshing, delicious, healthy and tasty at the same time. You only need three main ingredients an 10 minutes to makes these watermelon bites. Serve them as fingerfood, appetizers or a refreshing snack. These watermelon bites are both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
Summer calls for delicious, easy, quick and refreshing snacks. And as you might know I love combining fruits and cheese since it makes such a wonderful combination. I guess watermelon usually is paired with feta cheese… but it’s great to pair with other flavorful cheese as well! Like here, paired with a a creamy and tasty goat cheese cream. The goat cheese cream is made with goat cheese and greek yogurt (you can also use Creme fraiche), which makes the goat cheese cream just perfectly strong in taste with a wonderful creamy texture from the yogurt which also adds a fresh taste to the cream. I topped my watermelon and goat cheese bites with fresh basil, roughly chopped pistachio nuts and thick balsamic vinegar to add some additional textures and tastes. These watermelon bites are easy and quick to make but also so refreshing and delicious. Serve them as fingerfood, appetizers or just when you want an easy and refreshing snack. They are both vegetarian, gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Try to find a sweet and perfectly ripe watermelon. Try to avoid the dry and mealy once.
- The ratio of goat cheese/yogurt can be adapted according to how strong cheese taste you prefer and how creamy you like your cream. Start by adding a little bit of yogurt/Creme fraiche and add more as needed.
- The goat cheese cream can be prepared in advance. The rest should be done just before serving.
- You can also make these watermelon bites using feta cheese if you prefer it.
- Try to cut equally sized watermelon bites.
- I prefer using a cold watermelon straight out of the fridge to make it really refreshing.
Ingredients for these Watermelon Bites with Goat Cheese Cream:
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt or creme fraiche
- Fresh basil
- Pistachio nuts
- Thick balsamic vinegar (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Whipped Goat Cheese Cream with Home Cooked Cherry Marmalade (Vegetarian, GLuten, Grain, Sugar Free)
- Strawberry Mozzarella Bites (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Goat Cheese Rhubarb Toast (Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato Crostini Bites with Cinnamon Fried Pears & Goat Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Fried Gingerbread Appetizers with Blue Cheese & Fruit (GLuten Free)
- Watermelon Pizza (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Mini Pizzas with Apricots & Taleggio (Gluten Free)
- Goat Cheese Filled Apricots (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Galia & Melon Mozzarella Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Watermelon & Feta Cheese Summer Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Bresaola, Mozzarella & Mango Salad (Gluten & Grain Free)
Watermelon Bites with Goat Cheese Cream (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 1-2 slices Watermelon (about 2 cm thick) cut into equally sized pieces
- 50 g Goat cheese/Chèvre
- 2-3 tbsp Greek yogurt or Creme fraiche
- 4-5 Basil leaves finely sliced
- 5-6 Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
- Thick balsamic vinegar (optional, but recommended)
- Whisk the goat cheese/chèvre and yogurt/Creme fraiche using an electric hand whisk until smooth and creamy. Taste to check if more cheese/yogurt is needed. Place in the fridge.
- Cut the watermelon into equally sized cubes and place on a plate.
- Top with the goat cheese cream, thinly sliced basil leaves, chopped pistachio nuts and thick balsamic vinegar.