This recipe is for a fresh, light and delicious Watermelon Pizza. This dish is ready in only 10 minutes and requires three main ingredients. It is perfect to serve as an appetizer, finger food, starter or to include in a sharing dinner. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
I will almost dare to say that watermelon is just as good fresh and cold as it is grilled! When making grilled watermelon you just want it to get a few grill marks and warmish at the outside but still be crunchy and juicy on the inside. Making grilled watermelon pizza is both refreshing and delicious and a fun way of using watermelon other than raw. It is perfect to make for a warm summer day/night when you want a quick, easy and delicious snack or appetizer. This watermelon pizza comes together in only 10 minutes ad includes three main ingredients. Serve it as an appetizer, finger food, appetizer or include it in a sharing dinner. It is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
A few tips:
- Use a really hot grill or grill pan when making this watermelon pizza. You only want to grill/fry it for a 1-2 minutes on each side, just so it gets some grill marks and a bit warm on the outside. But you still want to keep it fresh, juicy and cold on the inside.
- I topped my pizza with feta cheese, strawberries, thick balsamic vinegar and pecan nuts. But its also delicious to top with goat cheese, honey/agave, prosciutto or any other savory ingredients that pairs well with watermelon.
- I would recommend you not to prepare this dish in advance. It really taste better and has the right texture and consistency when it is served straight from the grill.
Ingredients for this Watermelon Pizza:
- Feta cheese
- Pecan nuts
- Thick balsamic vinegar
Other recipes you might like:
- Strawberry Gazpacho (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Melon Scampi Salad
- Summer Fruit Scallop Ceviche (Gluten, Grain, Oil Free & Low Carb)
- Goat Cheese Filled Apricots (Gluten & Grain Free)
- 1 round slice of Watermelon
- 5-6 Strawberries quartered
- 1/4 package Feta cheese crumbled
- 5 Pecan nuts roughly chopped
- Thick balsami vinegar
- Preheat a grill pan over medium/high heat.
- Slice the strawberries and chop the nuts.
- WHen the pan is hot grill/fry the watermelon for 2-3 minutes on each side (or until it starts to get grill marks).
- Slice the watermelon in 8 pieces and put on a plate.
- Top with strawberries, crumbled feta cheese, pecans and drizzle some thick balsamic vinegar on top.