This recipe is for a delicious, tasty, flavorful and fresh goat cheese and rhubarb toasts. You only need five main ingredients and 20 minutes to make them. Serve them as appetizers, finger food or make larger versions and have them for brunch or lunch.
Rhubarb is a true summer favorite that I include in both cooking and baking. It really does well both in baked good and savory dishes. One of my favorite savory parings is rhubarb and goat cheese. It’s a wonderful mix of creamy, soft, slightly crunchy, tart and tangy. These goat cheese rhubarb toasts are tasty, combining interesting flavors and textures, are very flavorful yet fresh and light at the same time, with lovely crunchy pistachio nuts and thick balsamic vinegar on top. Serve these goat cheese and rhubarb toasts as appetizers or finger foods or make larger versions and have them for brunch or lunch.
A few tips:
- When baking the rhubarb make sure it gets soft, but not soggy. You want them to be tender but still have a little chewing resistance left.
- You can either fry the bread or bake it in the oven.
- I would recommend you not to use a too dark bread. This recipe is better with white/semi white bread.
Ingredients for these Goat Cheese & Rhubarb Toast:
- Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- Gluten free bead
- Goat cheese
- Creme Fraiche or greek yogurt
- Pistachio nuts
- Thick balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Sweet Potato Mini Pizza Bites (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Ricotta Tomato Galette (Gluten Free & Lower Fat)
- Sweet Potato Crostini Bites with Cinnamon Fried Pears & Goat Cheese (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Ricotta, Prosciutto & Home Made Cranberry Jam Toast (Gluten Free)
- Toast with Balsamic Roasted Cherries & Ricotta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Mini Pizza with Apricots & Taleggio (Gluten Free)
- Toast Cheese Filled Apricots (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Sweet Potato Toast with Ricotta & Baked Grapes (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Artichoke Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Sweet Potato Toast with Ricotta & Grilled Blood Orange (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Toast with Burrata & Pesto (Gluten Free)
Goat Cheese & Rhubarb Toast (Gluten Free)
- 1 stem Rhubarb cut into 2-3 cm stems
- 1 tbsp Fiber syrup, agave or honey
- 6 slices Gluten free bread
- 50-60 g Goat cheese mashed
- 1-2 tbsp Creme Fraiche or greek yogurt
- Pistachio nuts, to top roughly chopped
- Thick balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil, to fry
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the rhubarb, place on an oven safe baking dish and drizzle with fiber syrup/agave/honey. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile mash the goat cheese and combine with Creme Fraiche or greek yogurt.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Roast the bread in the pan on each side until golden brown.
- Assembly the toast by adding the goat cheese cream, topping it with a few pieces of rhubarb. Top with arugula, pistachio nuts and thick balsamic vinegar.