This recipe is for easy, tasty and delicious Sweet Potato Toast with Ricotta & Baked Grapes. These sweet potato toasts only require three main ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. They are perfect to serve as an appetizer, starter or pre-dinner snack. They are both gluten and grain free.
I never did like adding fruits to my food before. But over the last year that has really changed. I guess I didn’t like it because I associated it with pineapple or banana on pizza, or banana curry or something else that doesn’t sound too appealing to me. But then I started adding fruits and berries to salads and really loved it. Now I love including fruits in my cooking! They add such a nice sweetness and texture to the dish. It can really lift a boring salad or appetizer and make it so much more interesting. These sweet potato toast are no exemption! The delicious baked sweet potato toast topped with a creamy and gentle ricotta topped with warm, sweet, baked grapes and raspberry balsamic vinegar on top makes such a delicious combination. I love how the warm grapes pair so well with the cold and fresh ricotta cheese. And the balsamic vinegar on top is just the icing on the cake. These easy and delicious sweet potato toasts with ricotta and baked grapes are perfect to serve as an appetizer, pre-dinner snack or starter.
A few tips:
- Slice the sweet potato into equally thin slice to make sure the have the same baking time.
- Don’t bake the sweet potatoes for too long. They should be soft but not baked too long so that they turn out soggy.
- These toast are best served warm.
- I used raspberry balsamic vinegar, but you can use any other fruit balsamic vinegar or just regular one as well.
Ingredients for these Sweet Potato Toast with Ricotta & Baked Grapes:
- Sweet potato
- Red grapes
- Thick balsamic vinegar
Other recipes you might like:
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Apricots
- Watermelon Pizza
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Plums & Feta Cheese
- Fresh Figs with Goat Cheese & Prosciutto
- Date Bites with Blue Cheese (Gluten Free)
Sweet Potato Toast with Ricotta & Baked Grapes (Gluten & Grain Free)
- 1 medium sized Sweet potato sliced into 1/2 cm thin slices
- 6-8 tbsp Ricotta
- 12-16 Red grapes
- Thick balsamic vinegar (I used a raspberry flavored)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degreees Celsius.
- Slice the sweet potato into equally think slices.
- Bake the sweet potato and grapes in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Until the sweet potato is soft (but not over baked) and the grapes are warm.
- Place the sweet potato toasts on a plate. Add ricotta on each toast, top with baked grapes and balsamic vinegar (if using).
- Serve immediately while warm.