This recipe is for a delicious and easy Toast with Balsamic Roasted Cherries and Ricotta. It only requires five minutes of your time and a few key ingredients. It is perfect to serve as finger food, appetizer, starter or to include in a sharing dinner.
Combining warm baked fruits and berries with fresh and creamy cheese is one of my top three combinations! The sweet warm fruits/berries combine so wonderfully with a fresh and creamy cheese! And there are endless combinations, so you never have to get tired of it! This one is one of my all time favorite! Balsamic roasted cherries served on top of a ricotta toast. It’s really so divine! You have the crunchy fried bread, cold, creamy and fresh ricotta and the warm and sweet balsamic roasted cherries. If you haven’t tried this combination you really have to! I used gluten free bread for my toast, but you can of course use any bread you like and prefer. But it’s really nice to serve it with a darker bread if you ask me. These toast with balsamic roasted cherries and ricotta are perfect to serve as appetizers, finger food, as a starter or to include in a sharing dinner. They are both vegetarian and gluten free (if using gluten free bread of course).
A few tips:
- I used fresh cherries, but you can also use frozen once. Just let them thaw and them remove excess water and they are ready to be baked according to the recipe.
- I used a think balsamic vinegar, but I guess thick balsamic vinegar can be used as well. The pro is that it will stick easier to the cherries, the con would be that it might be harder to cover the cherries equally.
- You can sub the sugar for fiber syrup/honey/agave if preferred. Used about 1 tablespoon of the liquid sweetener in that case.
- You can also add some add-ins like chili, thyme, rosemary or why not cinnamon or cardamom.
Ingredients for these Toast with Balsamic Roasted Cherries & Ricotta:
- (Gluten Free) Bread
- Balsamic vinegar
- Stevia sugar
- Fresh basil
Other recipes you might like:
- Sweet Potato Crostini with Cream Cheese, Pomegranate & Cranberries (Gluten Free)
- Pear & Serrano Bites (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- Beetroot Bites Filled with Goat Cheese Cream (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Sweet Potato Toast with Ricotta & Baked Grapes (Gluten & Grain Free)
Toast with Balsamic Roasted Cherries & Ricotta (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- 6 sliced (Gluten free) Bread
- 20 Cherries pitted and cut in half
- 2-3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Stevia granular sugar
- 6 tbsp Ricotta
- Fresh basil, to top roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the cherries in half and pit them. Place in a bowl.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and sugar to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the cherries on a parchment coverd baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-25 minutes, until warm and tender.
- When about 5 minutes remain of the baking time place the sliced bread on a seperate baking sheet and bake until warm and a bit browned, or preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat and fry the bread for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- When the cherries are ready spread about 1 tablespoon of ricotta on each toast and top with warm roasted cherries.
- Sprinkle fresh basil on top and serve warm.