This recipe is easy, quick and so very delicious! You only need three ingredients and five minutes to make it! And it tastes amazing. This recipe is low carb and both gluten and grain free. It’s easy to adapt and you can add other add-ins to these delicious small appetizer if you like.
Sometime you just want a really quick and easy appetizer that only requires a few ingredients and is ready in only five minutes. That’s when I make these delicious pear and serrano rolls filled with arugula. They only require three ingredients and are ready in only five minutes. But they still taste amazing! These serrano rolls are low carb and both gluten and grain free. This recipe is my “basic” recipe, and then I usually make them in lots of different versions using several “add-ins” depending on what Im in the mood for. Adding your favorite cheese, crunchy pomegranate seeds or topping them with some balsamic vinegar or honey are just a few ideas on how to upstage these delicious bites. When making these serrano rolls I prefer using semi soft pears. They should be tender and sweet, yet not too soft or soggy.
Ingredients for these Pear & Serrano Bites:
- Serrano ham
Additional add-in ideas:
- Blue cheese
- Reglar cheese
- Thick balsamic vinegar
- Pomegranate seeds
- Sunflower seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Skagenröra Seed Cracker Bites
- Grilled Artichokes with Lemon & Caper Dip
- Ajvar Filled Zucchini Rolls
- Swedish Tapas (Gluten & Oil Free)
- Shrimp Bites with Chimichurri & Nectarine Salsa
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns with Plums & Feta Cheese
- Date Bites with Blue Cheese (Gluten Free)
Pear & Serrano Bites (Gluten Free & Low Carb)
- 1 Pear cut into 8 wedges
- 8 slices Serrano
- A hand full of Arugula
- Wash and cut the pear into 8 wedges.
- Add arugula on top of the pear and then warp it into a serrano slice.
- Repeat until done.
4 thoughts on “Pear & Serrano Bites (Gluten Free & Low Carb)”