This recipe is for a delicious, easy and healthy baked sweet potatoes topped with pan roasted chickpeas and a creamy yogurt and tahini dressing. This recipe is vegan, gluten free and only requires a few key ingredients. Make these baked sweet potatoes as a weekday dinner or for meal prep purpose in a big batch.
Who else love sweet potatoes? They are at least my top five (root) vegetables! They’re so versatile, delicious and nutritious! My favorite is for sure baked sweet potatoes, in all forms and ways! They’re creamy, sweet, tender and have the most lovely texture. I sometimes just bake a whole bunch of sweet potatoes and use them for so many different purposes… like mashed potatoes, make sweet potato wedges, make hummus, add them in my baking or make a sweet desserts… But I haven’t tried making whole baked sweet potatoes yet. So it was just about time I did! I wanted to make them quite light and have them as the main star of the dish. Therefore I chose not using any heavy toppings. I just served them with some pan roasted chickpeas and a fresh and creamy yogurt tahini dressing. Wow, did they turn out great! This dish is so easy to make. It only require a few key ingredients and the perfect dish to make for meal prep purposes or for a weekday dinner!
Ingrediens for this Baked Sweet Potato with Roasted Chickpeas:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Olive oil (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- (Vegan) yogurt
- Lemon juice
Other recipes you might like:
- Quinoa Stuffed Green Bell Peppers (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Oven Baked Crispy Chickpeas (Oil Free)
- Roasted Cabbage On A Tahini Yogurt Dressing
- Open Lentil Moussaka (Vegan & Oil Free)
- Vegan Zucchini Ricotta Rolls (Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free, Low Carb)
- Stuffed Romaine Lettuce Rolls (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Lentil Stuffed Persimmon (Vegan & Gluten Free)
Baked Sweet Potato with Roasted Chickpeas (Vegan)
- 3 Sweet potatoes washed
- 1 can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- A drizzle of Olive oil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 dl (Vegan) yogurt
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the washed sweet potatoes on a parchment or aluminium foil covered baking sheet.
- Make small holes all over the sweet potato using a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 35-50 minutes (depending on how big your potatoes are).
- Meanwhile combine yogurt, tahini and lemon in a small bowl. Taste to check if you need more tahini or lemon jucie.
- When there's about 10 minutes left for the sweet potato to be done preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat with a little bit of olive oil (if using).
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Dry them a little bit using a paper towl.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan.
- Add cumin, cinnamon (if using) and salt and mix until the spices cover all the chickpeas.
- Fry until golden brown and warm.
- When the potatoes are ready, take the baking sheet out of the oven.
- Carefuly cut the sweet potatoes in the middle lenghtwise. But dont cut through all the way.
- Add the fried chickpeas and top with the yogurt/tahini dressing.
- Garnish with parsley.