These purple sweet potato patties are healthy, delicious and versatile. They are vegan friendly, gluten, grain, dairy free and paleo. They are great to make in a big batch and use for meal prep purposes, for weekday lunches or just have them as a snack.
Do you end up never know what to eat for lunch or what to have as a snack during the week? I do! That’s why I love to make different kind of patties. They are great to use when making lunch during the week, or when you need a healthy and delicious snack. The best thing is that you can vary patties endlessly by using vegetables you have at home and changing the seasoning. So my latest patties experiment are these purple sweet potato patties covered in sesame seeds. First of all, the color… just looking at them makes me happy! Secondly, sweet potatoes are so creamy and make the perfect base for making patties. They have a really great texture which makes it really easy to form and bake patties, not risking falling apart. They can be made using either regular egg, flax or chia egg depending on food preferences and allergies. These patties are delicious both cold and warm. When reheating mine I love to fry them in the pan so that they get really crunchy and golden on the outside.
A few ways of serving these patties:
- Serve them with fried vegetables
- Make a salad out of them
- Make a burrito or wrap
- Have them as a “on-the-go” snack
- Eat them with some cottage cheese
- Dip them in tahini or a fresh herby sauce
- Just eat them on their own
Ingredients for these Purple Sweet Potato Patties:
- Purple sweet potatoes
- Paprika powder
- Garlic clove
- Egg/Flax/Chia egg
- Sesame seeds
Other recipes you might like:
- Black Bean Sliders
- Zucchini & Cauliflower Fritters (Vegan, Paleo Friendly, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Beetroot Kidney Bean Burger (Vegan, Gluten & Oil Free)
- Beetroot Tartare (Vegetarian, Low Carb)
- Easy Sweet Potato Hash with Black Kale, Beans & Bell Pepper
- Roasted Red Cabbage on a Tahini Yogurt Dressing
- Baked Sweet Potato with Roasted Chickpeas & Yogurt/Tahini Dressing (Vegan)
Purple Sweet Potato Patties (Vegan Friendly, Gluten, Dairy, Grain Free, Paleo)
- 2 medium sized Purple sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Egg/flax or chia egg
- 3-4 tbsp Flour (any flour)
- Sesame seeds, to cover the patties (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celcius.
- Make small holes using a fork in the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 min (until soft).
- Take out of the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes, then remove the peel.
- Mash the potatoes, then add the egg, spices, garlic and flour.
- Form equally sized patties and cover in sesame seeds (if using).
- Put on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.