Fritters are such a good way of eating your daily dose of vegetables and vitamins! Some people think it’s boring to eat vegetables, or just a salad. But by making vegetables fritters you get the feeling that your are eating “real food” as some may call it, since it feel more “foodie”. Fritters are also great for meal prepping. Make a big batch on Sunday and you have lunch/dinner ready for the rest of the week. “Booooring to eat the same thing everyday” you might say? Don’t worry, just divide the vegetable mixture into different batches before seasoning and you can have fritters with different tastes.
These Zucchini & Cauliflower Fritters are packed with fresh herbs and lemon zest, which gives them a very light and fresh taste. They are gluten free, paleo friends, oil free and vegan, so they can be eaten by everyone. You can also easily swap the fresh herbs for dry ones and/or use the ones you have at home.
Ingredients for these Zucchini & Cauliflower Fritters:
- Egg/Flax egg
- Fresh chives
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh basil
- Psyllium husk
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
Zucchini & Cauliflower Fritters (Vegan, Paleo Friendly, Gluten & Oil Free)
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 Cauliflower head
- 4-5 tbsp Flour (I used buckwheat)
- 2 tbsp Psyllium husk
- 2 Eggs/Flax eggs
- 2 tbsp Fresh chives finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 Scallion sliced
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 Lemon zest
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Divide the cauliflower into smaller florets and cook for approximately 5 minutes until fork tender.
- Meanwhile process the zucchini in a blender until you have small chunks.
- Add the cauliflower when cooked and process again until you have a rice like texture.
- Squeeze out the water from the mixture, as much as you can so it doesn't get to wet.
- Add the mixture to a bowl and add rest of the ingredients.
- Combine until everything is incorporated.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Form equally sized patties and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.