These Salted Caramel Popsicles are vegan, paleo friendly, dairy free and sugar free. They are super easy to make, and only take 5 minutes preparation. They are perfect to serve either as a snack since they’re a healthy ice cream version, but also for dessert since they’re sweet and delicious!
I am a real sucker for all forms of salty sweets, salted caramel in particular! One of my top favorite desserts/sweet treats is salted caramel ice cream.. so it only felt natural that I had to try and make my own healthy version at home. And guys, Im totally hooked! They are creamy from the coconut milk and sweet and salty from the gooey salted caramel sauce.
Ingredients for these Salted Caramel Popsicles:
- Coconut milk (reduced fat)
- Stevia vanilla drops
- Sea salt
4 Ingredients Salted Caramel Popsicles (Vegan, Paleo, Dairy Free, Sugar Free)
- 4 popsicle molds
For the salted caramel
- 8 Dates pitted
- 3-4 tbsp Water
- 1-2 tsp Seasalt (depending on how salty you like the carmel)
- 3 tbsp Coconut milk (I used reduced fat)
For the ice cream
- 2-2 1/2 dl Coconut milk (I used reduced fat)
- 3-4 drops Vanilla stevia drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract + 2-3 tbsp liquid sweetener)
- 4-6 tsp Carmel sauce (for the core)
- Combine coconut milk and stevia vanilla drops (or 1 tsp vanilla extract and 2-3 tbsp liquid sweetener) in a bowl.
- Put the bowl in the freezer for 1-2 hours, until the ice cream has become a little freezed but still pourable.
- Mix all ingredients for the carmel sauce in a blender.
- When the ice cream batter is a bit frozen fill about half of the popsicle molds with batter.
- Add about 1/2-1 tsp carmel sauce in the middle of the mold lenghtwise.
- Now fill up the rest of the popsicle molds with the rest of the ice cream batter.
- Put in freezer and let it sit until completely frozen.