This recipe is for creamy, sweet and super delicious Mars Ice Cream Cups. These cute little mars ice cream cups are made with a hand full of ingredients and only take about 15-20 minutes to prepare. Serve these mars ice cream cups as an afternoon snack, sweet treat or as small dessert bites. These ice cream cups are both vegan, gluten, grain and sugar free.
If you love mars and mars ice cream these home made mars ice cream cups are a must make. They are both creamy, just sweet enough and super delicious, not to forget easy to make. You have a chocolate coat, a creamy coconut milk based ice cream that is just sweet enough topped with a delicious thick caramel layer. Making your own ice cream at home is very easy, quick and a great way to make your favorite ice cream using healthier ingredients. Classic mars bars and mars ice cream bars are made as a bar, but I wanted to make a smaller version that are perfect to have both as a small afternoon snack or to serve as dessert bites. But they can of course also be done as bars or popsicles as well. These mars ice cream cups are made with just a few and easy ingredients, only take about 20 minutes to prepare (not counting the freezing time) and are great to have in the freezer when you want to eat a delicious ice cream.
A few tips:
- Chill the coconut milk over night to make sure it is really chilled when ready to use.
- Only use the top thick layer of the coconut milk.
- I used almond butter for the ice cream because it is creamy and mild in taste. You could also use other nut or seed butters if preferred, but it will affect the taste and texture slightly.
- Make sure to use juicy and soft dates for this recipe. If they are a bit dry soak them in hot water for 20-30 minutes.
- I used silicon muffin cups for this recipe, but you can use regular paper muffins cups as well.
- You can also make these mars ice cream cups as bars or popsicles as well. But the amount of chocolate may vary a bit.
Ingredients for these mars ice cream cups:
- Full fat coconut mulk
- Cashew butter
- Stevia vanilla drops or vanilla extract
- Fiber syrup or agave
- Sea salt
- Dark chocolate (vegan and sugar free)
- Coconut oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Two Ingredient Mango Chocolate Popsicles (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & No Added Sugar)
- Home Made Magnums with Granola Butter Core (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Avocado No Churn Ice Cream (Vegan, Gluten, Nut, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- 4-Ingredients Salted Caramel Popsicles (Vegan, Paleo, Dairy & Sugar Free)
- Hazelnut Nice Cream (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Eggs (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Chocolate Covered Brownie Cakesicles (Sugar Free
- Chocolate Covered Banana Sushi (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Covered Funfetti Cakesicles (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Frozen Banana Chocolate Bites with Nut Butter & Fruits (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- No Bake Gingerbread Cakesicles (Vegan, Gluten, Nut & Refined Sugar Free)
- Edible Cookie Dough (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Yogurt Popsicles with Berries & Granola (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Nice Cream with Rhubarb & Strawberry Compote (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Mars Ice Cream Cups (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
For the ice cream
- 1 can Full fat coconut milk (the top hard part) chilled in the fridge overnight
- 4 Dates (soft and juicy) pitted
- 1 dl Cashew butter
- 5-6 drops Stevia vanilla drops or vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp Fiber syrup or agave
For the caramel
- 8 Dates (soft and juicy) pitted
- 4 tbsp Full fat coconut milk (the top hard part) chilled in the fridge overnight
- 4 tbsp Cashew butter
- A pinch of Sea salt
- 110-120 g Dark chocolate (vegan and sugar free)
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- Sea salt, to top
- Start by melting the chocolate and coconut oil in a micro wave or over water bath.
- Cover the bottom and the sides of muffin cups (I used silicon cups) with the melted chocolate. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has set. Reserve the remaining chocolate.
- Meanwhile make the caramel by adding all the ingredients for the caramel to a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Taste to check seasoning.
- Transfer to a jar.
- Next add the ingredients for the ice cream to the same blender and mix until smooth. Taste to check if more vanilla or fiber syrup is needed. The batter should be quite thick.
- Take the chocolate cups out of the freezer.
- Fill the chocolate cups with the ice cream 2/3 parts of the way, then fill almost all the way up with the caramel sauce.
- Top with the remaining chocolate (melt again if needed) and sprinkle with sea salt. Place in the freezer for at least 5-6 hours.
- Remove from the molds when ready to serve.