This recipe is for yummy delicious Brownie & Hazelnut Ice Cream Bars. These Brownie Hazelnut Ice Cream Bars are really easy to make only including a few staple ingredients. Have these Brownie & Hazelnut Ice Cream Bars as an afternoon snack, when you want something sweet and refreshing or for dessert. They are both gluten and sugar free.
I’ve really been into an experimenting mode lately, trying to come up with new fun and delicious snack and dessert ideas by combining some of my favorite sweet treats. It’s so much fun to make your own sweets since you can make them however you want by combining your favorite desserts and sweets. This one combines two of my favorite sweet treats; brownies and hazelnut ice cream. So these brownie & hazelnut ice cream bars just had to be made! They consist of a rich and delicious brownie layer topped with creamy hazelnut ice cream dipped in chocolate. It’s like having brownie and hazelnut ice cream in one bite. I mean, how freaking delicious does that sound? Not only are these brownie hazelnut bars incredibly delicious and additive. They are also made with healthy ingredients. The brownies are baked with oat flour, sugar free sweetener, yogurt/quark and applesauce, which makes them gooey and moist but still light and not too heavy. The ice cream is really quick and easy to make, consisting of banana and hazelnut butter, sweetened with just a little bit of fiber syrup. Resulting in a rich, delicious and flavorful sweet treat/dessert without being too heavy or overwhelming. It is also gluten and sugar fre.
A few tips:
- I used silicone bar molds to make these bars. But you can also make them in a regular baking pan and slice them before dipping them in the chocolate.
- The baking time will vary depending on 1. if you bake them in separate silicone bar molds or a baking pan, 2. How fudgy you prefer your brownies.
- I would recommend you to slice the bananas before freezing them. It will make it easier to mix them in the blender when making the nice cream.
- You can adapt the amount of hazelnut butter and fiber syrup depending on how strong hazelnut taste you prefer and how sweet you like your ice cream.
- You can of course also use other nut/seed butters depending on what you like and prefer. But the idea here is actually to make a bar that combines chocolate and hazelnut.
- If making the brownies in a baking pan top the whole brownie with nice cream and slice it just before dipping it into the chocolate.
- You can either dip the whole bar in the chocolate or just the top and sides as I did. I prefer to leave the bottom not covered in chocolate because I don’t want the chocolate to take over too much from the brownie and hazelnuts taste. It also feels a bit lighter.
- You can top the bars with sea salt, chopped hazelnuts or any other topping that you can come to think of. But you can also make them without any topping.
- Store the bars in the freezer, take out about five minutes before eating so that the brownie gets to thaw a bit and the nice cream becomes a bit creamy.
Ingredients for these Brownie & Hazelnut Ice Cream Bars:
- Granulated sweetener
- Stevia neutral drops (optional)
- Greek yogurt or quark
- Apple sauce
- Milk (I used almond)
- Oat flour
- Cacao powder
- Baking powder
- Hazelnut butter
- Fiber syrup/agave/honey
- Dark chocolate
- Sea salt (optional)
Other recipes you might like:
- Cookie Dough Nice Cream (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Mars Ice Cream Cups (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Frozen Banana Chocolate Bites with Nut Butter & Fruits (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- Two Ingredient Mango & Chocolate Popsicles (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & No Added Sugar)
- Chocolate Covered Banana Sushi (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Brownie Popsicles (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Edible Cookie Dough (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Yogurt Popsicles with Berries & Granola (Vegan & Sugar Free)
- Home Made Magnums with Granola Butter Core (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Avocado No Churn Ice Cream (Vegan, Gluten, Nut, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- No Bake Toffee Mini Cheesecakes (Gluten, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
Brownie & Hazelnut Ice Cream Bars (Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the brownie layer
- 1 Egg
- 1/2-1 dl Granulated sweetener
- 4-5 drops Stevia neutral drops (optional)
- 1/2 dl Greek yogurt or quark
- 3 tbsp Apple sauce
- 2 tbsp Milk (I used almond)
- 3/4 dl Oat flour
- 1/2 dl Cacao powder
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
For the ice cream layer
- 3 Bananas sliced and frozen
- 1 3/4 dl Hazelnut butter
- 3 tbsp Fiber syrup/agave/honey
- Hazelnuts, to taste chopped
- 150 g Dark chocolate
- Sea salt (optional)
- Hazelnuts (optional) chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the dry ingredients for the brownie in a bowl.
- Whisk together the egg and granulated sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add stevia drops, yogurt/quark, apple sauce, and milk and stir until combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into a lined baking pan or into silicone bar molds.
- Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes in the baking pan or 13-16 minutes in the silicone molds.
- Take out and let it cool.
- Mix the ingredients for the hazelnut ice cream in a high speed blender (except for the chopped hazelnuts). Taste to check if more sweetener or hazelnut butter is needed. Stir in the chopped hazelnuts.
- Add the hazelnut ice cream on top of the brownie (keep the brownie in the mold/baking pan). Freeze for a few hours.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave or over a water bath.
- If you baked the brownie in a baking pan slice it up into slices/pieces.
- Now either dip the whole brownie/hazelnut bar un the chocolate or just cover the top and the sides. Sprinkle with sea salt, hazelnuts, any other topping or skip the topping.
- Store in the freezer, take out five minutes before eating.