These frozen banana chocolate bites filled with nut/seed butter and fruits are quick, easy and delicious snacks that are perfect to have in the freezer. These frozen banana chocolate bites are made with just a few ingredients, only takes 10 minutes to make (not counting the freeze time) and are both easy and great to vary. Make these banana chocolate bites and have them as an afternoon snack or serve them as small dessert bites. They are both vegan, gluten, grain and sugar free.
Frozen banana chocolate bites have been a favorite of mine for long. They’re easy and quick to make, taste delicious, are a healthier sweet snack option and perfect to have in the freezer when you need something sweet. I usually just made my banana chocolate bites either just with banana and chocolate or white banana, peanut butter and chocolate. But then I thought; why not pimp them up a bit. So I decided to make them with three different nut/seed butters; peanut butter, cashew butter and tahini. I also wanted to add something fresh and make them more versatile and fun. So I included fresh raspberries, blueberries and apple sauce. While already experimenting and trying new ideas I thought why not add different toppings as well. The result ended up being nine different banana chocolate bites, and they are were so delicious. These banana chocolate bites can be varied endlessly by using different types of nuts/seeds butters, fruits and berries and toppings.
A few tips:
- Use firm bananas, otherwise they will turn out too soft and mushy.
- You can use any nut or seed butter that you like or have at home. Try something new each time to experiment and vary them.
- Try different types of fruits and berries, preferably according to season.
- I mashed my raspberries and blueberries, but you can also top the banana bites with whole berries.
- You can use different types of jams if you don’t have fresh berries.
- I prefer to only top the bananas with chocolate and not cover the whole banana bites. But that is just a matter of taste, do as you like.
- Store the banana bites in the freezer until ready to eat. Otherwise they will melt and get soft and mushy.
Ingredients for these Banana Chocolate Bites with Nut Butter & Fruits:
- Peanut butter
- Cashew butter
- Apple sauce
- Vegan sugar free chocolate
- Desiccated coconut
- Granola (Vegan, Gluten, Grain and Sugar Free)
- Sea salt
Other recipes you might like:
- Two Ingredient Mango Chocolate Popsicles (Vegan, Gluten, Grain Free & No Added Sugar)
- Three Ingredient Chocolate Nougat Eggs (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Refined Sugar Free)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Eggs (Vegan, Gluten, Grain, Sugar Free & Low Carb)
- Chocolate Covered Banana Sushi (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Salted Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Four Ingredient Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Tahini Cookies (Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)
Banana Chocolate Bites with Nut Butter & Fruits (Vegan, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free)
- 1 Banana sliced into 9 pieces
- 3 tsp Peanut butter
- 3 tsp Cashew butter
- 3 tsp Tahini
- 6-8 Raspberries mashed
- 6-8 Blueberries mashed
- 3 tsp Apple sauce
- 30 g Vegan sugar free chocolate
- Desiccated coconut
- Sea salt
- Slice the banana into nine equally sized slices.
- Place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Top the banana slices with the three different nut/seed butters each.
- Then top each slice with the mashed berries and apple sauce. (I added all three berries/fruit to each nut butter to have three different versions, you can top them just as you like).
- Place in the freezer at free for at least two hours.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave or over a water bath.
- Take out the banana slices from the freezer, top with chocolate and sprinkle desiccated coconut, granola and sea salt over. Let the chocolate set. (Here I also added all three toppings to each nut/seed butter to have different versions).
- Store in the freezer until ready to eat.