This recipe is for delicious Salted Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies. These cookies only require a few key ingredients and are ready in 30 minutes. Make them as an afternoon snack or sweet treat. These salted caramel filled chocolate cookies are both vegan, gluten and sugar free.
What’s better than home baked cookies? I can only come to think of one thing. Home baked cookies with a surprise filling on the inside. These chewy chocolate cookies have a delicious and wonderful salted caramel filling inside of them which will make anyone eating them positively surprised. The combination of the rich chewy chocolate cookie with the creamy and salty salted caramel filling is just divine. These cookies are easy to make, but do need some preparation of the salted caramel in advance since it needs to be chilled in the freezer. Make these cookies for an afternoon snack or sweet treat. They are both vegan, gluten and sugar free, but also made using apple sauce to make them lower in fat and less greasy.
A few tips:
- Since the salted caramel needs to be placed in the freezer to get hard you need some preparation when making these cookies. You can prepare the salted caramel whenever suits you and then take it out from the freezer when ready to bake.
- This batch makes 5-6 cookies. But make sure to make them equally sized to have the same baking time for all of them.
- Then assembling the cookies you can either roll the cookie dough into a ball and then press the salted caramel ball into it and seal it. Or you can make small round patties out of the cookie dough and then wrap it around the salted caramel filling.
- Make sure to seal the cookies throughly so that the filling doesn’t leak while baking.
- These cookies don’t spread so shape them into desired shaped before baking them.
Ingredients for these Salted Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies:
- Cashew or almond butter
- Fiber syrup or agave
- Plant based milk
- Sea salt
- Apple sauce
- Any nut butter of your choice
- Oat flour
- Cacao powder
- Baking soda
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Chickpea Brookies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Tahini Cookies (Gluten, Dairy, Oil & Sugar Free)
- Cherry Chocolate Crumble Bars (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Red Velvet Chickpea Brownies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Protein Mug Cake (Gluten & Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Balsamic Roasted Strawberries & Cream Cheese Frosting (Vegan, Gluten & Refined Sugar Free)
- Berry Filled Bliss Balls (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
Salted Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies (Vegan, Gluten & Sugar Free)
For the filling
- 3 tbsp Cashew or almond butter
- 3 tbsp Fiber syrup or agave
- 1 tbsp Plant based milk (I used oat milk)
- A pinch of Sea salt
For the chocolate cookies
- 3/4 dl Apple sauce
- 3/4 dl Nut butter of your choice (I used almond)
- 1 1/2 dl Oat flour
- 1 dl Cacao powder
- 1/2 dl Xylitol
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- Combine the ingredients for the salted caramel filling in a bowl. Place in the freezer and let it freeze for 20-30 minutes, util a bit frozen and easy to roll into small balls.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the ingredients for the chocolate cookies in a bowling stir until you have a firm dough.
- Divide the cookie dough into 5-6 equally sized balls. Flatten until you have a flat round patty.
- Take out the salted caramel mixture from the freezer. Roll into 5-6 equally sized balls. Place a salted caramel ball in the middle of each chocolate cookie patty and then wrap the cookie dough around it. Make sure it is thoroughly sealed. Flatten to desired shape (it will not spread) and place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 9-11 minutes.