This recipe is for a fresh, delicious and easy Prawn & Halloumi Salad. This salad only requires a hand full of ingredients and is ready to serve in 15 minutes. Serve it for lunch or dinner or make it for meal prep purpose. This prawn and halloumi salad is both gluten, grain free and low carb.
Prawn salads are one of my favorite salads to make. They’re both quick, easy and light but still feel filling and add a warm touch to the salad. Combining prawns with halloumi might not be the first thing you think of, but it actually is such a wonderful taste combination. The light, meaty and delicate prawns that are seasoned with cayenne pepper make a wonderful combination with the warm, creamy and salty halloumi. You also have cold creamy avocado that makes the salad feel more filling but also adds a wonderful delicate and creamy taste and texture to this salad. To add something light, juicy and sweet I added juicy orange and cherry tomatoes. In this way this salad has a wonderful mix of lot of different tastes, textures and not to forget colors. I really don’t even think that a dressing is necessary, I just sprinkled some lime juice on top of it.
A few tips:
- Thaw the prawns in advance and path dry them using a paper towel to make sure to remove as much excess water as possible. Otherwise you risk cooking them instead of frying them.
- Cayenne pepper is optional but highly recommended. It makes a wonderful contrast to the fried halloumi and sweet and juicy orange.
- Make sure the pan is really hot before frying both the prawns and the halloumi.
- Don’t fry neither the prawns nor the halloumi for too long. You don’t want them to get dry.
Ingredients for this Prawn & Halloumi Salad:
- Green leaves
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
Other recipes you might like:
- Thai Inspired Pomelo & Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Lobster & Grapefruit Salad (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Halloumi Salad Bowl (Vegetarian & Gluten Free)
- Melon & Scampi Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Salmon Poké Bowl (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Cod & Shrimp Ceviche with Grapefruit (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
Prawn & Halloumi Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- 100 g Mixed green leaves
- 4-5 Prawns
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 package Halloumi diced
- 1 Orange segmented and sliced
- 1/2 Avocado pitted and sliced
- 4-5 Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Cilantro, to top (optional)
- 1/2 Lime cut into wedges
- Olive oil, to fry
- Preheat two nonstick pans over medium heat with some olive oil.
- Dry path the prawns using paper towels to make sure they're dry before you fry them.
- Add the prawns to one of the pans together with cayenne pepper and fry for 1-3 minutes on each side, depending on how big they are and how well done you prefer them.
- Meanwhile segment and cut the orange.
- Peel and pit the avocado and slice.
- Divide the cherry tomatoes in half.
- When about 2 minutes of the frying time for the prawns remain add the halloumi to the other pan and fry for about 1 minute on each side, until golden brown.
- Place the green leaves at the bottom of a bowl.
- Arrange the other ingredients and top with cilantro and lime wedges.
3 thoughts on “Prawn & Halloumi Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)￼￼￼￼”