This is a lovely, delicious and tasty Grilled Nectarine & Tiger Prawns Salad. This salad is made with a hand full of ingredients, really easy and quick to make and ready to serve in 15 minutes. Serve this grilled nectarine and prawn salad for lunch, dinner or include it in a sharing dinner. This salad is gluten free.
Summer salad are my favorite salads. You can make a lovely and delicious salad with just a hand full of ingredients and they still look and taste amazing. They are usually fresh, very taste, sweet, juicy and flavorful, which makes it easy to throw together dishes without complicating things. I’m all about less is more, but even more so during summer. I love to choose just a few ingredients that combines and pairs well together, letting these ingredients speak for themselves without any unnecessary seasoning or preparation. This grilled nectarine and prawns salad is a great example of this. This salad is made with 5-6 key ingredients with different tastes, textures and colors that combine into one lovely summer salad. You have a wonderful combination of sweet, warm and tender grilled nectarine, delicate and slightly sweet grilled tiger prawns, a creamy and tangy feta cheese, sweet, juicy and fresh cherry tomatoes and warm fried bread with some fresh mint and scallion on top. This salad really is both fresh and light, delicious and flavorful with a wonderful mix of cold and warm.
A few tips:
- Use medium ripe nectarines. Do not use over ripe once, since they will become soggy and too soft.
- You can make this dish both on the grill or in a grill pan.
- Make sure the grill/grill pan is really hot when you start to grill/fry the nectarines and tiger prawns. They need to grill/fry on medium/high heat.
- Do not fry the nectarines for too long. They should get grill marks, become slightly tender and warm but still have a chewing resistance.
- Do not grill the prawns for too long, there is nothing worse than dry and over cooked prawns. Make sure to dry path them well before putting them on the grill/grill pan so they doesn’t start to cook instead of grill/fry. Grill/fry them until grill marks start to form and the meat is just slightly translucent or just until it turns opaque.
- Use seasonal good quality cherry tomatoes that are sweet and juicy. Do not use the bland and tasteless once.
- Including bread is optional, but a nice and crunchy addition to this salad. I used a gluten free bread.
- I drizzled my prawns with chili oil to add just a little bit of heat, but that is optional, you can also use regular olive oil.
Ingredients for this Grilled Nectarine & Tiger Prawn Salad:
- Mixed green leaves
- Tiger prawns
- Chili and/or olive oil
- Mixed cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Gluten Free bread
- Lemon juice
- Fresh mint
Other recipes you might like:
- Spicy Shrimp & Pineapple Tacos (Gluten Free)
- Chèvre Chaud Salad with Summer Fruits (Vegetarian, Gluten & Grain Free)
- Hot Smoked Salmon Salad (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Watermelon & Feta Cheese Summer Salad (Vegetarian, Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Bresaola, Mozzarella & Mango Salad (Gluten & Grain Free)
- Prawn & Halloumi Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Cod & Shrimp Ceviche with Grapefruit (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Spicy Shrimp Salad (Gluten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
- Melon & Scampi Salad (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free)
- Prosciutto & Peach Salad (Gluten, Grain, Dairy Free & Low Carb)
- Peach & Mozzarella Caprese (Vegetarian, GLuten, Grain Free & Low Carb)
Grilled Nectarine & Tiger Prawn Salad (Gluten Free)
- 100 g Mixed green leaves
- 2 Nectarines pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 12 Tiger prawns
- Chili or olive oil, to grill/fry
- 10 Mixed cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 Scallion (both white and green part) thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 package Feta cheese crumbled
- 1-2 slices Gluten free bread (optional) diced
- Lemon juice, to drizzle the salad
- Fresh mint, to taste
- Start the grill or preheat a grill pan over medium/high heat with some olive oil.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat with just a little bit of olive oil.
- Pit and slice the nectarines and grill/fry until grill marks start to appear.
- Add the diced bread to the pan and fry on medium heat until golden brown. Stir regularly and keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- Dry path the tiger prawns using a paper towel to remove excess water.
- When you turn the nectarines add the tiger prawns and drizzle with chili or regular olive oil, grill/fry for 1-3 minutes on each side, until grill marks start to form and the meat is just slightly translucent or just turned opaque (depending on how raw you prefer them). Do not grill/fry neither the nectarines or prawns for too long. The nectarines should get warm and a bit softened but not fried too long so they turn out all soft and soggy. The prawns should only be grilled/fried until they are just cooked through and the meat isn't translucent. They should still have slightly firm core, be tender and soft, but not dry.
- Place mixed green leaves on two plates. Add the nectarines, prawns and fried bread. Top with cherry tomatoes, scallion, feta cheese, fresh mint and drizzle with lemon juice.